Advantages of using a filter during transfusion

• 33 Replies

Offline mrtariqkhan

• Father of a Thal Major daughter
Re: Advantages of using a filter during transfusion
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 05:21:26 AM »
Hello Mumtaz!

Thanks for the tip. I will talk to the Tx people, lets see if they can do this for us.. Have you tried using a filter that we have been discussing in this post. If you have do let me know how has it affected your child.

Thanks
M Tariq khan

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2007, 03:04:53 PM »
A-o-A mr tariq
still we r using the same method(using RBC after wash), because filter is little bit costly and as u know this deciese is not for one or two months. so try to come up step by step.
i mean to say first we was using RBC without wash, then after some time my son got problem, so now we r using RBC after wash,
and inshallah i hope that this method will be good for him in feature, if he got again problem continusely then i will think about filter,
with prays
Mumtaz Ahmed
Hello Mumtaz!

Thanks for the tip. I will talk to the Tx people, lets see if they can do this for us.. Have you tried using a filter that we have been discussing in this post. If you have do let me know how has it affected your child.

Thanks
M Tariq khan

Offline mrtariqkhan

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 04:56:12 AM »
oh okay!
           Thanks for the advice. I will ask my doctor about this.

Best of luck

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »
hello sorry i am late again.. @sajid you forgot me on this forum  :madno  @M Tariq khan hi my name is Asim i am also a thal major patient and from Islamabad and me sajid are good friends and basiclly we are like a group and stick to each other and i also have another thal friend who lives close and we take care of each other and we are like a group of thal petiants but don't make our disease part of our normal life and in any way i can help or assist do let me know as i am in islamabad and have 18 years of experience but its nothing compared to sajid
in the race to be the champion there no finish line.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 04:21:35 AM »
Hi Asim,

Forgot you? How? We chat regularly on MSN ??? You just don't show up here often.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2007, 01:00:45 PM »
well i am back :hugfriend

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2007, 07:29:12 PM »
hi
    Regard my son i used to gave him filtered blood in kuwait  but after the first BMT in 2003 and after he got a rejiction i start to give him iradiated blood and after two years i check his lever fibrosis i found out he start to be ok in 2003 he was grade 3 in 2005 he was grade 2 even Dr paola she told me he is better than 2003 because i used the iradiated blood ... but am just asking my self WHY SOME COUNTREY NOT OFFER FREE BLOOD FOR WHO NEED IT LIKE WHAT WE HAVE IN KUWAIT :mad ? ,,,,,even our pupolotion is just one milion person but the PpL here in kuwait they make donation regulary ... am just wondaring do this goverment need amoney for blood and keep all the store full with attack wepons  :(  :dunno  :huh
               khalifa
                   one for all and all for one
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:40:28 PM by KHALIFA »
RED_PILOT

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2007, 08:05:41 PM »
Hi Khalifa,

Blood is free here in Pakistan. It is only the transfusion cost that some places charge. After all the blood bags, test kits and processing/storing the components cost serious money. Most of the Thal. centers and govt. based hospital are totally free.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline mrtariqkhan

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 06:59:49 AM »
Hi and Salam asim!   

Thanks... Sajid has been of great help on the site.. i haven't posted anything on the site but i closely follow the discussions they are of great help... Life style in Kuwait and gulf areas are much better than those of pakistan ( hence the outflow of people from pakistan to Kuwait and other countries). But nevertheless the government and especially private organizations where my daughter and sajid go for transfusions are doing a good job at taking care of Thalassemic patients. But i really wish that everyone here in Pakistan (rich and the poor) has access to the best care like there is in foreign countries.

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 07:45:04 AM »
@mrtariqkhan ok so tell us a little about yourself too where in isb do you live i mean in which sector and where do you get your daughters transfusion from?

Offline mrtariqkhan

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2007, 07:17:49 AM »
Hi,
   We live in I-10 and we go to Jamila Sultana foundation located on sixth road Rawalpindi - courtesy of sajid here, i read his post and started going there  ( Thanks)....

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2007, 07:45:20 AM »
Hi Mr. Tariq,

I never got the chance to meet you but I didn't know that it was your wife and lovely daughter there probably on her first Tx at JSF. I hope our appointment date coincides once more and we get to meet each other. I sure love to meet each and every person on this site. That would be a dream come true :heartred :)
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline mrtariqkhan

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2007, 12:27:09 PM »
hi ! 
       yeah, i wish the same.... but i am unable to come for huda's Tx as everyone here operate in the day. But, you can meet my daughter  :cheer my wife tells me that everyone at the Tx center give her a lot of love.. she also told me that you were not feeling well.. is everything okey????

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2007, 12:35:31 PM »
Yeah I've been having some health issues lately but I think I had met your wife quite some time ago before this nose bleeding stuff started. How did she find out??? :)
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »
@mrtariqkhan i wish to meet every thalassemia releted person around me to and it really helps like for example i met a thalassemic friend (who is now my best friend) he told me about jamilah sultana then i told sajid about it and sajid posted it here and i am very happy that i told sajid because now more and more people can avail this opportunity :yay

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk