is there any THALSSEMIA CENTRE IN RIYADH(Saudi Arabia)

• 40 Replies
Re: is there any THALSSEMIA CENTRE IN RIYADH(Saudi Arabia)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
Dear Family members,
I was in Riyadh a couple of years back and as right mentioned expats (not citizens) are not provided treatment at hospital in Riyadh or any where in Saudi Arabia (not sure of Makkah / Madina).

I was some how able to arrange for my daughter transfussion at Shemaisi Hospital, Shemaisi, Riyadh.

I had to leave my job as the situtaion at the hospital got tighter and administration just refused to accept thals for blood transfussion.

Repeated faxes to the administration, governor even the ruler fell on deaf ears.

Javed

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 03:35:51 AM »
Javed,

Please read through this entire thread for previous advice on this topic.
http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1104.msg8552#msg8552

Also, if anyone in Saudi Arabia has any updated advice, please respond.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 11:32:26 PM »
Will be emailing our member Fahad in Saudi Arabia and i am sure he will be the best to direct us to the right place. Will get to you

manal

Offline maha

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2010, 04:47:18 AM »
Javed,
Blood transfusions are provided free of cost in all government hospitals and thal centers. But they do not provide chelation facilities.

maha

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
I would like to thank our member Fahad for his prompt reply and help.

Please if there is any one in Saudi Arabia having difficulty in the management of thal, Fahad is willing to offer you help by directing you where to go. Please PM him if you need to ask about something regarding Saudi Arabia
Below is his reply
Hi Manal,

I hope my message finds you with the best health and prosperity.

Just now I go through with your e-mail and thank you very much for letting me aware on this thread, as usual I appreciate your dedicated support to all of us @ Thalpal.

According to my knowledge the best Thal center under the management of government authorities for an appropriate treatment for Thals in Saudi Arabia is “Jeddah”.

Due to a high volume of patients in Thalassemia management these days and most of them are here from foreigners communities, the government sectors is not allowing easily for non-citizens patient in government health institutes except in emergencies only, because of shortage of blood donors? But I believe still there’s a possible way to get-in.

You can advice our members who are residing in Saudi Arabia can contact me and as always I’m here to assist and provide my maximum possible support at any time.

Jeddah Main Government Thal center is: KING ABDULAZIZ UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL (Jamia Hospital)
My best wishes to you, Andy and all our associate members at“Thalpal”.

We remain,

Fahad

Once again , thank you Fahad, you are highly appreciated :biggrin

Greetings to you and the family

Manal

« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »
Dear Mumtaz ,

We're you able to find any way.

I am now riding same boat.

Please help

Any way for blood transfusion of thallasemic at KSA riyadh

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2015, 08:15:24 PM »
Try King Saud Medical center. I know someone who transfuses there.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2017, 09:31:29 PM »
Hi

Please could anybody update on the care of thal in Riyadh as we plan to move there ? Is anyone in Riyadh taking bt and deseral

Many thanks

« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2017, 06:08:59 AM »
hi...
1) if u have insurance then choose some hospital who having facility of blood bank. as wel as ur insurance card is acceptable there.
2) or u go to KING SAUD MEDICAL CITY( SHAMISY HOSPITAL) and get blood transfusion from emergency. but pls keep in mind that emergency means ur HB should be at their level of standard ( where they feels its an emergence)
for registered patients in king saud medical city. patient go to OPD, pay doctor fee which is 200SR and then Dr. will suggest for u. quantity of packed RBCs, as per ur latest CBC.

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2017, 04:29:32 PM »
Hi Mumtaz ,

Thank you for your response.

I would appreciate off you could provide me with some more information for the questions below

- What is the type of chelation used?
- How would you rathe  quality of care of thals?
- could you direct or share some contacts of people who are having transfusions done there so that we could speak to them?
- What level of insurance is blood transfusion covered?

Just asking because we are thinking of moving to Riyadh so want to find about the quality of care and how it is done there?

I have read the post above and that its not at the govt hospital etc.

Many Thanks,

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
Asslam-o-Alakum

for chelation king saud medical city will not give any facility. as u will take patient in emergency. and if they consider u, then they will provide u only blood transfusion. even for registered patients they r not providing iron chelation medicines. so u have to arrange by ur self.
for medical insurance if patient father's company provide BUPA A class, its automatically cover blood transfusion as well as chelation medicines. because good hospitals having facility of hematologist.
now comes to care of THAL patients.
my son is registered in king saud medical city( SHEMISY HOSPITAL), we just visit doctor in OPD, at our due appointment day and time. he examine him, do necessary documentation, and then proceed to ward, there duty nurse check the Schedule and given him day and time, for transfusion. one day before transfusion again have to visit the ward for sample, so they will make blood ready for him. over all its ok.
the quality of screening is good. and they r very careful in it.
if u r interested in some other type of information pls feel free to contact with me any time. i  will provide my cell number as well as email...

hope this information will help u
tc and ALLAH HAFIZ

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk