the right time

• 3 Replies

Offline maha

the right time
« on: July 24, 2007, 10:05:58 AM »
hi all
when is the right time to check post transfusion hb level? within 24 hours or after 24 hours? Hassan`s HB  has increased from 4.6 to 6. He was given 120ml. The blood was fresh. Is this increase normal or it is reduced just becoz I am giving him rodex.
Thankyou
maha

Re: the right time
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 01:40:37 PM »
Maha,

I don't think it really matters if the HB is checked within or after 24 hours of transfusion. However, I found the increase in HB a little less than expected of 120ml.

Regards
Regards.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:03:34 PM »
Hi Maha,

Post Tx Hb depends on many factors: Your child's weight, Pre tx hb, spleen health, any infections, amount of blood given, health of donor, age of blood etc

So you can't say anything. Recently I got more quantity of blood but my post tx Hb wasn't that good. Next I got lesser quantity compared to the previous tx; but this time my post tx Hb was good!! :dunno

اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 06:29:38 AM »
hello and A-o-A
according to my limited information, the HB count depends on the life of DONAR's RBCs. when he donated the blood. it may happen that,at the time when he donated blood  More Fresh and new Rbcs circulating in his Body. so it is misscalculation that 120ml will give u how much increase in Hb.
it just a rough esimation by the medical feild that if 120ml should be given to a patient it may increase in Hb from this level to this level.
as per my discussion with doctor, we should provide atleast 2 to 3 days to check Hb level. also it is not much likely process to check Hb again and again. (all these comments as per my personal experiance and discussion not related to any medical investigation)
May god Solve the problems of all the People who are suffering from this decease
Bye and Allah Hafiz
hi all
when is the right time to check post transfusion hb level? within 24 hours or after 24 hours? Hassan`s HB  has increased from 4.6 to 6. He was given 120ml. The blood was fresh. Is this increase normal or it is reduced just becoz I am giving him rodex.
Thankyou
maha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk