Help Fund the Cure for Thalassemia. 100% Goes to Fund Gene Therapy Trials

• 42 Replies

Offline Dori

:thumbs

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
As always Andy,you are spot on,i just i hope that i'll see the cure in my life time.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline 7assan

• I wish you a speedy recovery
 what is new in gene therapy..................? ???

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
The US trials will be starting this autumn. Hopes are high, as the preliminary work has gone even better than expected. I will post regular updates as I receive them.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline 7assan

• I wish you a speedy recovery
great news  and thnx andy for the updating me

Offline aabha

GREAT NEWS!!hope we can have it in india real soon!
aabha

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
I cannot wait for these trials to begin!  I think that these trials will lead to a lot of success in treating this disease.
Sharmin

Offline Parin

Andy, is there any updates about the trial and all? OR anyone knows about these trial?

Thanks

AshutoshT

Offline MikeD

Re: Help Fund the Cure for Thalassemia. 100% Goes to Fund Gene Therapy Trials
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 07:46:33 PM »
Hi everyone- just curious what sort of fundraisers people from thsi board have held to help raise awareness and money to donate towards funding for a cure?  It would be nice to share some ideas.  We are in inital stages of learning more about thal and whats ahead but we have always been active in community contributions and would love to put something together for the upcoming summer possibly in our local area. 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Parin

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2014, 06:00:53 AM »
Updates from Pat G

Dear Family member,

When my communications falter, it means that I am praying. My mother taught me the power of prayer; experience teaches me the power of man.

I am Catholic, Buddhist, Sikh, Hebrew, Atheist, and Muslim. I am all of these things as sure as love binds us.

We have treated 3 patients with the SKI-EGT collaborative vector. We used myelosuppression, not myeloablation. The difference is that one suppresses the bone marrow and the other kills it.

One of the 3 patient has reduced transfusions by 50%. This is amazing and I know that I (for Rocco) as well as many of you would stand on your head in line to reduce transfusions by 50%.

We’re obviously aiming for a cure. Unfortunately, the ship that was in port has been pushed back out to sea. I’m not really sure why this happened. There is no doubt that this project has attracted the attention of all sorts of people. There is no doubt that conflicting agendas are coming into play so I am following what my mother taught. When you don’t know what else to do, pray with all of your heart. I am asking you to do this for our project.

We are so close.

My love always,

pat girondi

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2014, 06:21:20 AM »
I am constantly praying for these trials to continue and for the patients to thrive.  This message has me worried.  I hope things will work out soon.
Sharmin

Offline Bostonian_04

« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2014, 09:28:53 PM »
what does the message from Pat mean? I hope things go well and they succeed. prayers for them.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ? - Plato

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk