desferal infusion sets in pakistan

• 8 Replies
desferal infusion sets in pakistan
« on: July 26, 2007, 10:53:10 PM »
hi
can somebody guide me about the quality of automatic infusion sets available in pakistan for desferal injections. i would like to know which one is better and reliable.
it will greatly reduce the stress due to  the frequent visits and injections of my kid who is thalassemic.
hoping for a sooner reply
thanx

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: desferal infusion sets in pakistan
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 06:33:57 AM »
Hello Mr. Farid.

I went to the National Thal. Conference in Lahore earlier this year where the person who manufactures the pumps locally was also present. Many people complained about the failure of the pumps. He then explained that the reason of him using the cheaper quality components were to make it affordable and he says that he replaces all the defective pumps that come to him free of cost. However, if you don't want to consistently send him back the pumps for repairs then he recommended to buy the expensive version of the pump which was about Rs. 11,000-12,000 (Could be more in the market).

So, you can go check in the market for the expensive version of the pump. I have forgot the name of the pumps but they were in the name of his daughter.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 11:37:39 AM »
Hi,

We are using infusion set from "Butterfly Infusion Systems"and it's working great ALHUMDULILLAH,and it isn't very costly,we bought it for rs 3800.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 03:23:24 PM »
Hi,

I just checked the rates between CDN$ to RS and it is approx RS 57.20 to 1 CDN$. We paid CDN$3,000 for our pump two and a half years ago. This is really expensive as it translates to RS171,600 for a pump, we bought the pump in Canada but made in UK. I don't remember the brand name but will check and post later. This is a rip off. The pump is being used six nights a week for two and a half years as of todate and never had a single problem. Please update regarding the  performance of pumps available in Pakistan as I can use this info to help some other patients around here.

Thank you.
Regards.

Offline Zaid

• Thal maj
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 10:48:40 PM »
Hi Farid,

I have been using Graseby Medical's Model MS 16 A since 1989 (thankgod) without any problems. I got it from UK, cant remember how much it cost back then but i just googled it and found one available for 300 GBP (or around PKR 30,000). This model is pretty reliable as i've seen other patients in Pakistan using it for many years as well. The company that makes it (Smiths Medical) doesnt have it listed on it;s official site but you can see the set here

http://www.marcalmedical.com/product%20info%20ms16a.htm   

and here

http://www.gb-medical.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=515-2123&PHPSESSID=f36e3d7431b20dfd84648b56a63ca1fd

or visit the company's website for newer models here: http://www.smiths-medical.com/catalog/syringe-pump/graseby-syringe-pumps/

I'm sure you can find these in Pak, I'll look around as well and if i see an authorized distributor i'll let you know or you can order directly from the net as well.

TC

Offline Zaid

• Thal maj
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:59:43 PM »
Found some authorized distributors as well: 

Noor International
Mr. Zia Ul Islam
Noor House
4-D, Block-6,
PECH Society
Karachi 75400
Pakistan
 Tel: + 92 21 452 7001-3
Fax: + 92 21 452 7000

and

Polychem International
Mrs Zeenat Karim
2nd Floor 22-C/II
6 Zamzama Commercial Lane
D.H.A. Phase V
Karachi
Pakistan
 Tel: +92 21 537 8168
Fax: +92 21 537 8489

See if they're of any help. If they are do lemme know as i want to buy a few accessories (holding straps etc) for my pump.

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 12:06:28 AM »
Hi,

The pump we are using is same as Graseby Model MS 16 A. I am surprised why we had to pay so much in CDN$. I could have flown to UK to get the pump and still save money.

:mad  :mad
Regards.

Offline Asma Jamal

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2018, 11:32:20 AM »
Hi,
Can someone plz guide me where can i get graceby infusion pump for desferrol in Karachi or Malaysia.

Asma
I may never prove to be good enough for every one...
but i am the best for them who Deserve me

Asma

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 11:08:37 PM »
Have you checked with Ayesha at FAITH for direction?

Call +92 332 3080461

m.me/FightAgainstThalassemia

faith@thalassemia.com.pk

http://thalassemia.com.pk

https://www.facebook.com/FightAgainstThalassemia/
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk