Thanx Maha,

I'll forward this information.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline kabir_love

Re: benefits of ip6
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2008, 09:16:40 AM »
HI EVERONE

i had started ip6 for my son. as after one blook tranfusion we had start ip6 , one capsule is 500 mg, to be little safer we are giving half capsule, about 250mg everyday in the morning empty stomach.

hope it benefits.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2008, 10:24:42 AM »
Hi,

IP-6 is a safe herbal product extracted from rice bran. Even in very large doses it has no side effects. So you can safely give it to your son according to the dose Mr. Andy suggested.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline maha

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2008, 02:32:03 PM »
Hi all
I have just placed an order for IP-6 and now I read that you get it with cal & mag also. Hassan is not on any calcium or zinc supplement. Infact I had asked the hema if we needed to start him on calcium and he just said no. So if we start giving him IP-6 should we also start calcium mag zinc etc...
regards
maha

Offline Lilian

• I was put on earth to kick some ass!!
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2008, 01:52:44 AM »
Hi all,

This is the first time i've heard of IP6. And i tried to google it but i think it's not available in singapore? I can't seem to find it in pharmacies either. Kindly advise where and how i can purchase IP6? Thanks !! :)

Lilian
~ I was put on earth to kick some ass!

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2008, 04:51:18 AM »
Hi Lilian,

You can order IP6. Mr. Andy found a great site. Just put IP6 in their search box on the following site:

http://www.puritan.com/

This site has some great offers.

:ty Andy! :)
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Lilian

• I was put on earth to kick some ass!!
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2008, 10:13:01 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the link :)

is INOSITOL HEXAPHOSPHATE  the same as phytates??
~ I was put on earth to kick some ass!

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2008, 12:15:28 PM »
Yep,

It's also even called Pythic Acid.

Lot of names for one product. I wonder why won't they settle for one :huh
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline marziya

• My lil angel Firdaus
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2008, 08:06:19 AM »
Hi Sajid,

I have ordered IP6 on www.puritan.com .they gave me receipt number.What should i do next to track more information abt my order.

plz reply n take care...

Marziya
Be postive always!!!

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2008, 08:21:49 AM »
I guess you have to wait till the time they told your order arrives at the address you provided.

I haven't used this site to order but some of the other members have. I request them and Andy to guide you track your order.
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2012, 06:04:51 AM »
Found this excellent topic while searching on Google, thought I'd add something and ask some questions as well.

My IP 6 capsules too arrived yesterday and I started taking it eagerly. 800 x 2 (with some calcium and additional magnesium), so 1600 mg/day 30 minutes before meals. I can't wait to see what IP 6 has to offer to me, especially being a diabetic due to thal major and one of the major benefit of it being listed is activating glucose metabolism. Plus, iron removal is directly related to potential cure in diabetes.

I've ordered it from seacoast, IP 6 gold by Dr Shamshudin (I might be mistaken with spelling the correct name).

Thalassemia population already susceptible to Osteoporosis and often encounter low calcium in their body are advised to take calcium enriched supplements. Keeping this thought in mind if IP6 is taken in its pure form may cause high risk of Osteoporosis due to chelating properties of IP6 on calcium. I am leaning more towards buying Cal Mg IP6 so as to compensate for calcium lost during the process and also benefit from the properties of IP6 at the same time. The author in the book mentioned that this product (Cal Mg IP6) would compensate Calcium 33 times of what has been chelated by IP6.
Is is true? Should I be very concerned? I take 800 mg calcium with 300 mg magnesium + 10mg zinc (Osteocare). So I hope I'm safe.

IP6 capsules can easily be opened and mixed with food or liquids. It is water soluble so it is fairly easy to mix.
Really? The capsules are big and however, ha ha due to recent throat infection and having phobia of swallowing tablets and capsules, it became little hard for me. Though I've been swallowing them. Would it make any difference with or without capsule and just taking the powder form? I'm concerned because most of the powder sometimes get's stuck in mouth such as teeth and such parts.

And I hope many people can make use of IP 6.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 04:16:12 PM »
Any replies Andy?

Also I read somewhere that in helps in marrow production, so IP 6 can also help somewhat in increase in Hb?

Also I want to add that I'm taking IP 6 now for 4 days and I'm feeling so active. Earlier I used to experience fatigue these days, but I'm so active all day long. I really trust this supplement from my soul and can already feel it's doing good.

I would recommend every thal major to try this and see the difference.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 11:30:24 PM »
Pratik,

Mineral depletion by IP6 is minimal if at all. You are talking cal/mag as you should. There is absolutely no reason for concern. My wife has taken IP6 for 8 years, as it is a cancer preventative. Her bones are fine. She had another scan earlier this year and all was well. It's truly an amazing antioxidant and iron chelator. Your body knows how to regulate the use of the substances it depends on, and IP6 is found everywhere in the human body. Trust your body to know how to regulate its own functions. There are many myths about various supplements that all depend logically on a body with no regulatory mechanisms. Bodies like that do not exist in the real world.

I don't know if IP6 affects Hb. but antioxidants do have a positive effect in terms of reducing the damage caused by hemolysis, which includes damage to red blood cells, so indirectly it could have an effect.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »
Pratik,

Mineral depletion by IP6 is minimal if at all. You are talking cal/mag as you should. There is absolutely no reason for concern. My wife has taken IP6 for 8 years, as it is a cancer preventative. Her bones are fine. She had another scan earlier this year and all was well. It's truly an amazing antioxidant and iron chelator. Your body knows how to regulate the use of the substances it depends on, and IP6 is found everywhere in the human body. Trust your body to know how to regulate its own functions. There are many myths about various supplements that all depend logically on a body with no regulatory mechanisms. Bodies like that do not exist in the real world.

I don't know if IP6 affects Hb. but antioxidants do have a positive effect in terms of reducing the damage caused by hemolysis, which includes damage to red blood cells, so indirectly it could have an effect.
Thank you.

Also I'm feeling a lot active. Earlier, I used to get tired by 5 or 6 in the evening, even the whole day went with fatigue. But now, I feel the spirit inside me and am active all day long till I go to bed. It's definitely the good cause of IP 6.

Also it would be safe to say that I've started noticing some slight improvement to my sugar levels.

-P.
Every child is special.

Offline Himanshu Kumar

• Aditi
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »
Hi All,

Can IP6 be given to very young 1-2 years old thal major patients. what is the recommended dose for IP6.

Regards,
Himanshu

Regular transfusion, Keeping pre transfusion HB above 10 and Iron Chelation are the three mantras for thals to stay healthy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk