benefits of ip6

• 80 Replies
Re: benefits of ip6
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 06:10:24 PM »
What is the name of this medicne

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 06:32:41 PM »
IP6 is not a medicine. It is a nutritional supplement and can be found in vitamin or health food stores and also can be mail ordered from vitamin companies. It is normally advised to take on an empty stomach because it helps stop minerals from being absorbed from food, but for thal patients I think it's best taken with meals because it helps prevent iron from being absorbed from food.

I order IP6 from this company. I believe they will ship to India but you might try to get it from a closer source if you can find it.

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=BDF918F6B75C476B8E7E3F45B17C8B03&PID=602&CID=&CPID=1404
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 03:12:04 AM »
Canadian Family,

You can order the supplement through

"FeelGreatSupplements.ca"<orders@feelgreat.ca  and you can get information from
"FeelGreatSupplements.ca"<info@feelgreat.ca

They are located in Thornhill Ontario phone number  905-709-0918

Best of luck and let  me know if I can be of further assistance to you in acquiring this supplement.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »
Hi Andy,

Do you have any idea that what would be the shipping cost  to India or Pakistan?

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 04:38:00 AM »
Hi,

I ordered from Blessed Nutrition for 2 bottles and it costed me following to India

$ 105.90 for Cell Forte Enzymatic Therapy IP6 Powder 14.6 oz Inositol Hexaphosphate
$ 22.60 for Shipping

It took 10 days to reach my house.

Indian Import Duty was Rs. 750

Regards

Mishra N K

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 05:35:51 AM »
I went through the online ordering process and ordered a total of 12 bottles of 120 capsules (4 + 8 free). (I did not complete the order, of course).  :wink

http://www.puritan.com/pages/file.asp?xs=AE445A8047F04E549E0C00AE1AD6B647&PID=602&CID=&CPID=1404

I used an address of Lahore, Pakistan and the total was $75.46. ($51.96 + $23.50 shipping).

I would suggest contacting the company through their online contact form and make sure they will ship to Pakistan or India.

http://www.puritan.com/house/feedback.asp?xs=AE445A8047F04E549E0C00AE1AD6B647
Andy

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 08:49:38 AM »
hello & A-o-A
friends i read all the coments on IP6, and i am sure that it will aslo be available in pakistan and India
i belong to Pakistan,
if anyone know that what is the name of this supplement in Pakistan i will be thankful for this information
because my son is 4 year old i like to try IP6 with the recomdation of his consultant
waiting for ur valuable reply
thx

Offline Zaini

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 11:01:19 AM »
Hi Andy,

Thanx for going through the online order process :) i did contact the company to know if they'll ship to Pakistan or not,this was the reply,

In reply to your recent inquiry we do ship to Pakistan. We ship US Airmail. This method of shipping can take up to 3 weeks for delivery. Additional time may need to be added for Customs as they sometimes hold packages. Shipping is based on the weight of the package before a flat rate of $3.95 is added. You may visit our website at www.puritan.com to get your total including your shipping. If there is anything further I could help you with just let me know. Have a great day.

so i think i'll have to order it once to confirm the charges,but right now i have 5 unopened jars of IP6,3 sent by shrmin ,and 3 sent by my cousin ,one of which  Zainab is using,so i think i won't need it for  a few months,Zainab is taking IP6 twice daily,i'll wait for about ten days more before making it thrice daily,and that would be enough dosage i guess?

Take care and thanx once again for your time.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 04:31:41 PM »
A-o-A
i read the topic regarding IP6 will u pls tel me that, which company is markiting it and what is the name of this product in PAKISTAN
thx
Thanx Manal,

For your wishes,we do need them,

Yes Sharmin,there is a great difference in her appearance,her skin colour is lighter then it used to be,the brownishness is gone,and after a few years i've seen a little bit of pinkish colour on her face,and it makes me really happy,i think IP6 has some cosmetic effect also  :biggrin and i am thankful to GOD and to Andy for guiding us to whatever is best for our kids,and whatever you did was a huge favour,thanx a lot.

LOVE ALWAYS,

ZAINI.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2007, 06:49:06 AM »
Hello Mr. Mumtaz,

I was not able to find it here in Pakistan. It is not available here as vitamins and supplements other than the common ones are not used here in Pakistan. You can get IP6 from the U.S via Internet using a credit card or by some relative who lives there.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2007, 02:13:24 PM »
Thanks for the information Sharmin,

I just bought a book on Inositol + Cal Mag IP6 by Dr. Kim Vanderlinden and Dr. Ivana Vucenik. The book is amazing and I will post any scripts interesting to our group.
Regards.

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2007, 03:49:26 PM »
Canadian Family,

Thanks for the tip. I did a search and found that this book can be downloaded for free online. Go to
http://www.ip-6.net/secondpage.html and scroll down to the book "Too Good to be True" and click on the link. The book can be downloaded as a pdf file. Although the main focus is about cancer prevention (a subject I believe to be of important interest to aging thals) there is much information that may be applicable to thals. One passage I checked talks about something we have discussed here. Does IP6 pose a risk in terms of removing other minerals?

IP6 does not adversely affect the normal levels of minerals in our
body
, as blamed by some nutritionist; on the contrary, it prevents
abnormal and pathological mineralization
...Experiments have demonstrated that the absence of IP6 in rat’s food provoked the development of pathological calcification in the kidneys
[starting of stone formation] of rats that were prevented with
IP6 addition to diet
. The development of calcifications was also
accompanied by anomalous calcium accumulation in rat kidneys
that was significantly reduced in rats fed on IP6-rich diet.

Iron overload is abnormal mineralization. More research needs to be done to look at the effect of IP6 on iron levels but we have seen in our members who are trying IP6 that there is a quick noticeable difference in skin color once IP6 is started, indicating lessening of iron deposits. Kidney stones can also be caused by abnormal mineralization and are a common problem in thals. Our own AD has had significant battles with kidney stones over the years and has told me some horror stories about stones he has passed. Lisa also had a constant battle with kidney stones.

IP6 has many apparent benefits that should interest thals. Check this book out if you have some time.
Andy

Kathy11

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 11:54:29 PM »
Thank-you Andy, and to canadian Family .
For this info.I'm about to commence on Ip6 ,Ive ordered some on line and I'm waiting for delivery.
Its good news for me < I'm hoping it make a difference 
Kathy

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »
Hello All,

IP6 molecule in its natural state is called inositol hexaphosphoric acid, the molecule has the capacity to chelate various minerals from the body including Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium, Iron. The IP6 (inositol hexaphosphoric acid) if taken in empty stomach would have a greater chelating effect. There are number of brands available in the market and you will hear names such as Cal Mg IP6, Iron IP6, Sodium IP6 etc. The difference is to provide a safer product, e.g. Cal Mg IP6 would have six molecules of calcium and Magnesium attached to a single molecule of IP6. The product would safely deliver enough calcium and magnesium with IP6 so as to compensate for calcium and magnesium chelated by IP6. Same applies to Iron IP6 or Sodium IP6 and so on and so forth.

The book states that great care should be taken when selecting the natural supplements as different conditions would have different requirements of natural supplements.

In various foods such as corn (highest concentration of upto 6.4%), beans, nuts, oats, rice, veal etc. the IP6 molecule is attached to a protein, the stomach would produce phytase to separate IP6 molecule from protein. However, during the process the IP6 is damaged and will be less effective. Pure IP6 on the other hand would be beneficial for its complete medicinal properties.

The following paragraph is just our thought and does not represent any medical advice.

Thalassemia population already susceptible to Osteoporosis and often encounter low calcium in their body are advised to take calcium enriched supplements. Keeping this thought in mind if IP6 is taken in its pure form may cause high risk of Osteoporosis due to chelating properties of IP6 on calcium. I am leaning more towards buying Cal Mg IP6 so as to compensate for calcium lost during the process and also benefit from the properties of IP6 at the same time. The author in the book mentioned that this product (Cal Mg IP6) would compensate Calcium 33 times of what has been chelated by IP6.
Regards.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2007, 03:51:18 AM »
Hi Canadian Family,

Your post was really informative, what you said makes sense,but the thing is my daughter is taking a calcium supplement along with IP6,nearly 500 mg of calcium daily,would that be enough?i'll order Cal Mag IP6 in future,but right now i have simple IP6,so i hope calcium supplement she is taking would cover for her chelated calcium.

Take care,

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk