Discussion Forums > Diet, Nutrition and Supplements

Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation in Thalassemia

<< < (42/50) > >>

Dori:

--- Quote from: Andy on February 10, 2015, 07:26:55 PM ---Calcium citrate is more easily absorbed calcium than carbonate. All calcium is antacid. I would rate citrate higher than carbonate. These are instructions for taking it.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/calcium-citrate.html

--- End quote ---

Oho, I too should take calcium citrate powder with a vit D tablet. Does anyone else takes powder? I have to measure it myself. I am suppose to take it two times a day. I also take Ferriprox three times a day. Does anyone has an idea when to take calcium citrate?
I had no idea one can take it with water. I also mix it through yoghurt. But since I have not always yoghurt with me I rarely take it  :blush [In case you wonder: I receive a box with 500 mg of the powder. There are no instructions besides that I should take it twice a day. I cannot even calculate myself if I really should take 2x X gr a day according to a formule.]
So my question is: How and when would you take calcium citrate powder two times a day when you take  three times a day Ferriprox??? (And when you are not home)
(I am baffled that you should take calcium citrate (powder?) with water!!)

I take vit D with calcium citrate powder. Should I add something else?

Andy Battaglia:
You should take the calcium citrate with meals. I suggest adding magnesium if you're not already taking it.

Dori:

--- Quote from: Andy on May 04, 2016, 02:16:44 AM ---You should take the calcium citrate with meals. I suggest adding magnesium if you're not already taking it.

--- End quote ---

Hi Andy, thank you for your advice. I do not take magnesium with it. Unfortunately I had to quit again as I became again very sick when I took it a couple of days straight. I felt very unwell and I could only lay down flat.  I have make the decision to quit it. I experience bad side effects everytime I follow the instructures. I must take 3 grams two times a day. If you have a suggestion or a solution, anyone who reads this, then please share it with me.

Dharmesh:
http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2013/12/17/251955878/the-case-against-multivitamins-grows-stronger

What is called balance?

Andy Battaglia:
That was one of the worst articles I have ever read. It is so easy to find dozens of studies done right at Johns Hopkins demonstrating the effectiveness of various supplements, yet you can also find a professor who will say they're worthless. My own life tells a story of the importance of good nutrition. One thing I do listen to is my own body. I've learned to ignore the so called studies that conflict with dozens of studies done at the same institutions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version