Discussion Forums > Diet, Nutrition and Supplements

Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation in Thalassemia

<< < (46/50) > >>

Dori:
I just started with my Zometa treatment. I am one of the few (ofcourse) who get full flu like symptoms as fever and pain. Every day I move, bend and stretch better. I will receive this transfusiin once a year. The leaflet says these side effects only occur with the first dose. I am 3 days post infusion. The pain was / is very nasty. Now I will continue with diet and some supplements. Is biking also good fod your bones? I find rope jumping too difficult.

By the way I have a check up by the denist next week. Is that Okay?

And how many take Zometa? Anyone else here who is doing this treatment??

Andy Battaglia:
Biking is very good for your bones and a low impact exercise.

Dentist is okay. Tell him you're taking the bone drug, as one side effect is that it can harm the jaw, so the dentist should be aware to look for any signs of changes in your jaw over time.

Canadian_Family:
Hi Dori,

Just sharing a thought here. Like you Little Miss A also find it difficult to jump rope. The idea is not to actually jump over the rope, you can simply jump up and down without rope. It is simply a method to put pressure on your bones specially lower lumber bones supporting your back.

Little Miss A has been jumping up and down for last two years (300 times a day) and her results are amazing.

Hope this helps.

Nomad:
Dori , it took me about 10 days to recover from flu like symptoms but after that I didn't have to take any medicine for lower back pain for about half a year...
Also sports was kind of easy going...

Dori:

--- Quote from: Nomad on August 19, 2016, 08:07:18 PM ---Dori , it took me about 10 days to recover from flu like symptoms but after that I didn't have to take any medicine for lower back pain for about half a year...
Also sports was kind of easy going...

--- End quote ---

Great to hear Nomad. Unfortunately this is not my expierence. We now ruled everythimg bad out and adjusted my treatment plan. It is probable not Zometa as it started alreasy before that.

I will try to just simple jump up and down as I only read your message now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version