Using ferriprox?

• 6 Replies
Using ferriprox?
« on: October 03, 2007, 04:34:45 PM »
lets discuss some details of best time of usage,effects,availability and results of Ferriprox ! :huh

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: Using ferriprox?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 05:01:57 PM »
Hi Trinigirl,

:welcome to the family.

Although I don't use it due to high ALT levels and low blood counts but my doctor recommend the patient using it to divide the dose throughout the day as the doses are consisted of a large number of pills/capsules.

Furthermore your blood counts must be monitored under your doctor's supervision and ferriprox should be discontinued temporarily if any abnormality is seen.

It is available in many countries now thanks to local manufacturers which has resulted in a significant drop in price and making it affordable to people specially in the subcontinent.

The results are good as it removes Iron from heart more better compared to Desferal. It has proven to be life saver for Thals. and I hope that it becomes more refined and safe for all Thals to be used.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 06:44:25 PM »
Hi Trinigirl,

Is ferriprox available in Trinidad? I ask because it is not legal in the US or Canada, thanks mostly to the misguided efforts of an otherwise fine doctor in Canada.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:17:26 PM »
Hi Trinigirl,

Welcome on the forum,i didn't know that ferriprox was not available or not legal in US,though it has given us a very efficient chelation treatment for our daughter,combined with desferal it helps a lot,about the side effects and everything,Sajid has done a nice job,you are welcome to ask more questions if you have any.

GOOD LUCK  :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »
To all
  yes it is available, we had reps from england to supply us.

it works too. :cheer :woot :yay

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 07:45:53 PM »
Yes, ferriprox does work and as Sajid said, it works better at removing iron from the heart than desferal does, which is very important as you have just unfortunately experienced with the loss of your friend. My condolences to you.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 05:32:50 PM »
Hi Trinigirl,
Great news to know that the Ferriprox is now available in Trinidad and is also being used.I know that it has been a real struggle to get it in!!!!!
 :wink

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk