Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?

• 221 Replies
Re: Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?
« Reply #180 on: October 14, 2008, 01:44:49 PM »
andy this plant ,is bloom after winter and leaves is small only coz we have here infront of our house
if time of bloming fower nice flower ok ill wait if their is a fruits n flower and i will conpair to your picture..thank u
and wer can get wheat grass seeds for breedding..to plants am from philippines..thanks

« Reply #181 on: October 14, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »
quel, can you post a photo of the tree for us all?  I can probably tell you right away if it is Cassia Grandis (carao).  If you want to plant carao seeds, I send them for free for $2 postage.
Lloyd Standish

Offline AL

• Aqeel with Aleesya
« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2008, 12:24:14 AM »
Dear Llyoyd,

For the record, i still have not received the carao juice. I think it has been quite a while since you posted. Could you please check with the postal as to where it has gone to? I sure hope that it does not go somewhere else!

Really want to try it on my son and help the rest of the group here on the studies of the effectiveness of it.

Later!

« Reply #183 on: October 15, 2008, 01:31:08 AM »
Hello Al,
I shipped one package of 2 bottles to you on July 15.  That's almost 3 months ago!  I only shipped 2 bottles instead of 4 because you never did pay shipping (postage).  I shipped before receiving your postage payment to avoid delays while you got the payment to me.  Your lack of action to make the postage payment does not seem to me to show good intentions on your part.

Economy postage for 2 bottles is USD $11.  I don't mind paying postage to ship to those who are unable to afford it, but you did not say that was your situation.

Payment from Malaysia is relatively simple with PayPal, which is available from Malaysia.  A credit card is not necessary - you can use a bank account in your local currency.  There is no transaction fee (the seller pays the transaction fee, which means me, although in this case I am not selling anything.)  All other payment methods from Malaysia (except credit card) will be difficult, slow, and expensive.  Visit http://www.paypal.com.  My paypal address is lloyd <at> costa-rica-natural.com. (Replace <at> with @ and remove spaces.)  If you want to use a credit card, email me for a special payment link.

The non-delivery of your package is, as I see it, a separate issue.  I have no idea why your package did not arrive.  We ship by airmail, in this case economy airmail, since I had to pay the shipping.  I have heard of delays of 2 months for shipments to countries in Africa, but 3 months sounds like "lost in shipping" to me.

If you are SURE that you have a mailing address that is good for international airmail, and reasonably sure that your postal system will not steal your mail, it is worth trying again.  Occasionally (very seldom), shipments are simply lost, and it can happen with any destination country.

However, if you want me to try again on your shipment, I would like for you to pay postage this time.  You don't have to pay the postage on the non-delivered package.  However, since one package to you was already lost, I prefer not to attempt to send 2 more to you at the same time.  If you want a reshipment, it will have to be only one package of 2 bottles.

If we are going to make a reshipment, my first preference would be to try a different address (at a different post office in West Malaysia, preferably.)  Please send me the shipping address via email.  If it is the same address as before, please confirm it.  You can send me email by using the send email to the left of this post.
Regards,
Lloyd

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #184 on: October 21, 2008, 03:50:07 AM »
Hi Lloyd,

I am eagerly awaiting the product.  I will post my findings once I begin using the product. 

How is everyone else in the trial doing?  Looking forward to hear how you are all doing!

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #185 on: October 21, 2008, 07:55:56 PM »
This is Lloyd Standish, the sponsorer of the informal study of carao for thalassemia.

The idea of this study is to gather information on carao fruit for thalassemia, since we have only limited information.  (On the other hand, there is extensive clinical experience with carao for sickle cell disease and "regular" anemia, as well as a huge number of "anecdotal" reports of success.)

Carao has been repeatedly reported to allow sickle cell disease patients to avoid blood transfusions.  It is my hope that carao fruit will be found to be similarly useful for thalassemia, or that it at least significantly reduce the frequency of transfusions.

The terms of this study were that each participant post his or her results directly to this forum.  Unfortunately, however, out of 10 initial participants, only 2 have given any feedback at all.  This is an unacceptably low level of cooperation.  I have set the acceptable level of cooperation at 70% (7 out of the 10 participants).  [bgcolor=#FFFF00]Please visit http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1791.msg17338#msg17338 for a summary of partipants' information.[/bgcolor]

If the study participants will cooperate and will post the requested information (see the link above), I would be glad to sponsor more such studies by providing free carao fruit.  Otherwise, I will not continue to make these donations.  The choice is in the hands of the study participants.

To forum member poo gill, who requested to be included in the carao for thalassemia study, I have to inform that participation in the study with free (donated) is now closed.

However, note that the carao fruit product can be purchased at the website http://www.tropicalhealthfoods.com.  Note further that the product is guaranteed, meaning that if it is purchased for thalassemia and it does not give "satisfactory" results, we will refund the purchase price (shipping excluded).  Therefore, anyone here with a desire to try carao and help the forum community with feedback on it can always do so, with the only "risk" being the cost of shipping.

Finally, my (very) small company does make donations of the product, but never based on unwillingness to pay, but rather inability to pay.

Lloyd Standish
CR Natural, S.A.
Costa Rica

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #186 on: October 21, 2008, 11:43:05 PM »
Hi Lloyd

I am so sorry for the inconvience, i will PM the other participants and see what has been delaying them. i will let you know if i receive any response. Definetly there is something because everybody was excited about it. I do encourage everybody to give it a try as generally i think it gives energy and i hope in third CBC i find a change in the Hb

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #187 on: October 21, 2008, 11:49:57 PM »
Thank you for this Lloyd,

We indeed appreciate your donations to our members and we are very excited to co operate with you in getting these results. 
As Manal said, we will determine why our members have not been able to post their results. 

Thank you again for helping our members and giving us this opportunity,

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #188 on: October 22, 2008, 12:05:56 AM »
Thank you very much for your encouraging words, Sharmin and Manal.  I hope the other study participants will "get with it" and post their results.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #189 on: October 22, 2008, 01:25:07 AM »
Lloyd, you are most welcomed. actually we are the ones who should thank you for your precious offer. I have sent the private mails but i need to know who are
1- Karen James
2- Om

I am trying to see their '' member names '' but actually couldn't till now, so if you know them please let me know

Thanks

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2008, 01:29:30 AM »
Dear Lloyd,

Manal has contacted all of the members signed up in your study - we hope to get responses soon.
We have been able to reach everyone except for Karen James.  Lloyd, do you know what name we know Karen by so that we can contact her.

Would Karen James kindly let us know if the product has been received and is being used.  Also if you could please post your results so that Lloyd can do his study and in effect help thalassemia patients as well?

Lloyd, thank you again for you patience with our group.  

Sincerely,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2008, 04:46:26 AM »
I find it very frustrating. To me, this is an exciting opportunity to see if thalassemics will respond at all to carao as those with other types of anemia have. I am often surprised that people who routinely accept the use of pharmaceutical drugs on a regular basis won't give a natural food product a fair chance. There is no quick fix with thalassemia and it requires constant effort to stay healthy. Patients and parents need to understand that with many of the supplements that can be helpful in thalassemia there may not even be any noticeable effects, as much as there may be an absence of problems that one would see without taking vitamin D and E, B-Complex, minerals etc. We are faced with questions like does wheatgrass work? Does carao help? And the only way we will know is if people commit to long term trials, even if informal. Although, there has been only a small response in this initial attempt, I think that over time we may see a few more who are willing to give it a good trial. The effects may or may not be seen in Hb level but those using it should be looking for other things too. General energy level. Overall health. Fewer or milder illnesses. A boosted immune system. These are the types of things people need to look for. I hope we can get some long term commitments to try carao daily and keep up on reporting.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2008, 09:22:22 AM »
I am sorry for your inconveinience Lloyd,this indeed can be frustrating,I hope that members will respond positively to our moderators,for my daughter,it seems to be working positively,even if it can delay transfusions a couple of weeks,i'd be happy,i want to buy more bottles,Can you charge me on the same credit card number if you have it on your record? for four more bottles?
If you don't have that number and my address in your record then please inform me i'll PM ypou the details.

Guys,

Lloyd has done us a great favour,a favour that a multi-national drug company will never do,so plz be responsive.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2008, 01:45:28 PM »
Hello  Zaini,

Thank you very much for your supporting words. Thanks very much for helping others by posting your feedback.  As I have pointed out, all user feedback, positive and negative, is important in order to build the knowledge base on use for thalassemia.

The carao fruit product can be purchased through the secure order form at https://tropicalhealthfoods.com/order.shtml.  This is a new domain, replacing the old www.crnatural.net.

We do not store credit card numbers, so no, we cannot re-use credit card information, although we do have billing addresses on file.

I'd like to warn everyone that the "economy" shipping option available only for "Africa, Asia, Australia/NZ, Oceania", although much cheaper than regular shipping, can add WEEKS to delivery time.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2008, 02:50:13 PM »
You are welcome Lloyd,

Infact i am the one who is thank ful,i'll ask mr mamdani again to to do me the favour and order carao on my behalf,i'll inform you about this once i get in touch with him.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk