Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?

• 221 Replies

Offline PixieDust

Re: Carao: Has Anyone Ever Tried This Product?
« Reply #210 on: June 09, 2011, 06:54:12 AM »
BTW according to bellow sources Carao or Cassia grandis  trees could be grown in Sri Lanka. But I haven't seen a single tree yet, if there's a way to get seeds I would like to try planting them in my garden.

http://www.worldagroforestry.org/treedb2/AFTPDFS/Cassia_grandis.pdf

Pink Shower Cassia ( Cassia grandis ) in the Royal Botanical Gardens , Peradeniya , Sri Lanka

http://www.photographersdirect.com/buyers/stockphoto.asp?imageid=1624398

« Reply #211 on: June 09, 2011, 02:45:52 PM »
I'm sorry the shipping alone is too much for you.

I'd be glad to send you or anyone else seeds of this magnificent tree (contact me: http://www.hemobuilder.com/contact).  It is a beautiful ornamental and is very vigorous growing.  However, a long dry season is required to properly ripen the fruit.  I think it needs at least 4-5 months of dry weather (extremely little or no rain) to ripen fruit.
--
Lloyd

« Reply #212 on: May 25, 2012, 12:47:15 PM »
Is Carao useful for Thal minor?
I suffer from anxiety, depression, memory loss, dizziness and only lately I have attributed all of these to my Thal.
I did CBC, my Hemoglobin is 11.4 g/dl

thanks.

Offline Pratik

• Thal Major.
« Reply #213 on: May 25, 2012, 06:51:50 PM »
Hi Andy,

Does this helps Thal Majors? Anyone confirmed the rise or as such?

Regards.
Every child is special.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #214 on: May 25, 2012, 07:51:07 PM »
Pratik,

Carao may not have a significant impact on how often a thal major is tranfused.  This being said, I definitely notice a sense of well being, more energy between transfusions and an improvement in color when little A takes carao. 

I think that carao may be effective in keeping the transfused red blood cells healthierand perhaps making them last a little bit longer.  It will also protect organs from the harmful affects of free iron.  I think it is definitely worth a try.  The smell of the drink is absolutely terrible, but the effects are worth enduring the taste and smell. 

Best,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #215 on: May 27, 2012, 07:40:48 AM »
Sharmin,

Is Little A still taking carao?
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2012, 05:22:07 AM »
Zaini,

Little A is not taking Carao at this time, during the time that he was struggling with the antibody etc. he was on a lot of unpleasant meds and supplements and carao was not helping the situation.  I wish there were a more pleasant way to take carao.  I think that it was helpful in many ways...

Is Lil Z taking Carao?

Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2012, 04:37:51 PM »
No she is not either,as much as i'd like to,its just way too expensive to get it shipped here.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
I'm Lloyd the producer of the carao fruit product.  I'd like to point out that we are now shipping from USA, which has lowered the shipping cost of 4+ bottles considerably, plus there are tracking numbers.  4 bottles to Pakistan now ship for USD 62.43 (shipping only, down from about USD 80).  4 bottles for a child about age 2-8 (2 teaspoons/day) would be a 20 week supply.  The new informational website (with several reports on use of carao fruit for thalassemia, look in the left-hand panel for the "Thalassemia" category) is at http://www.bloodhealth.net
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 07:27:58 PM by Lloyd Standish »

Offline Zaini

« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2012, 06:42:51 PM »
Thanks so much Lloyd, you are doing great work :)

the thing is when we convert these numbers in our currency they become thousands of rupees,and with medical bills getting higher and higher here,its just getting tough,transfusion charges,then exjade and then supplements,costs just keep adding up.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2012, 06:34:03 PM »
Hi Manal, I know you don't know me but I was jusreading about Carao. You said u started using it in 2008. It is now 2012. Would you mind telling if it works.
Thanx
Pooja

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #221 on: May 14, 2015, 12:45:39 PM »
Hi pooja
I am terribly sorry for such a late reply
he took it almost one year and nothing was significant on the hb... but I guess it gave some energy.
manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk