The Iron Warriors Club

• 12 Replies
The Iron Warriors Club
« on: October 18, 2007, 05:59:42 PM »
Hey,
Has anyone ever heard about this club?

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: The Iron Warriors Club
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 06:45:03 PM »
The only Iron Warriors Club I can find mention of is a motorcycle club.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:48:22 PM »
LOL
       Andy i think you point at me  :rotfl :rotfl
                   khalifa
               one for all and all for one
RED_PILOT

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 06:35:28 AM »
Hi,

I saw their stall at the National Thal. Conference in Lahore. My doctor took a couple of comics from them for the kids at JSF. I read the debut episode. I wonder what happened next in the upcoming episodes :biggrin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 06:41:58 AM by §ãJ¡Ð ساجد »
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »
Yup I have,

i think last year at the hospital a booklet was distributed by them for kids,and there was a form which we filled and sent to the given address,a package arrived after few days containing a colourfull book about self care for kids,and with the story of iron warriors,and some stick on tattoes  :biggrin, a big poster of story characters and a sew in tattooe, that was a nice effort,i think the address belonged to Canada,as far as i remember.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 11:25:48 AM »
I also remember that the address I read was from Canada but I had a doubt now when I thought that it was from CAF or TIF which should be US or Cyprus respectively. Now that Zaini has confirmed that it really was Canada then I think "Canadian Family" would be able to tell us more about it :)
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
Thanks folks, yes I have found out that its a club for patients like us which promotes compliance and the importance of it. The characters in the colouring book all fight against overload etc. There is also a chance to take part in an international art contest where 12 pieces are chosen and put together in a calendar that is formally launched for our international Thalassemia Day.

From what I gather its really nice with a whole lot of free stuff for everyone. Would be grateful for a contact name or email address though, anyone?
Thanks

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »
The Iron Warriors comic and activity book is an integral project of Cooleys Anemia Foundation, USA. The self care book, calendar etc has been distributed around the world. I found two related links below. Please visit cooleys anemia website for further details.

http://www.thalassemia.org/sections.php?sec=92

http://www.cooleysanemia.org/updates/Lifeline9Fall05.pdf

Regards.

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 06:38:33 PM »
I just called the Cooleys Anemia foundation and confirm they have the storybook, calendar, activity book and etc. available for shipment. Please call 1 800 522 7222 and ask for Eva Chin (patient services manager), you can also email her at eva.chin@cooleysanemia.org

Regards.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 08:01:18 AM »
Thanx Canadian Family,:)

For information.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Miaki

• Ash and Me Dubai
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 03:08:31 PM »
Hi to all

The iron worriers club if i am not mistaken is a publication that came out on behalf of Ferriprox (L1) from the UK. The publication are in comic form, they tell a story of a young child  living with beta thalassaemia, also is a coloring books. They also come with stickers.

Contact your nearest Ferriprox representative for further details. They also produced a calender.

Hope this helps    Miaki xx

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »
my hospital from where i get my blood transfusion gave free iron warriors calenders and comics to their patients due to low amount of material and higher amount of patients they gave the young kids (aged till 10) comics and older patients got calenders i was among those got the calenders :biggrin
in the race to be the champion there no finish line.

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »
Hi All,
Thanks for all the information.

Just to update you on the additional stuff I have learnt about the Club.  The iron warriors program was created for thal children internationally encouraging them on their individual chelation programs. All of the material sent out deals with chelation and the importance of it while also providing fun activities for everyone. In addition there is an annual art contest where the winners (12 in all) are featured in a special calender in time for the International Thal day- May 8th.
The club is open for everyone as the parents can also benefit from the information and its a neat way for everyone to also be in touch- especially those without internet connection.

It was actually created by Gina Cioffi, of the USA together with ApoPharma, the company manufacturing ferriprox.  There are several other items available once a member so you can always contact them at

200 Barmac Dr.
Toronto, ON.  M9L 2Z7

or at  kkwatra@apotex.com for further information.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk