1st update on Biological treatment

• 60 Replies

Offline kabir_love

Re: 1st update on Biological treatment
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 09:43:04 AM »
i really pray for you and hope this treatment really work for you.

please keep us updated.

regs
micky

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2008, 12:39:57 AM »
Hi Manal,

How are things going for your son? 
I pray that this treatment works and our little sweetheart Ahmad is healthy and strong:) 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2008, 02:10:41 AM »
Thanks Sharmin for your concern :hugfriend

Actually the past months Ahmad had several fevers, colds, every thing you can imagine. Actually all of us. each one in the family had a cold and passes it to the other one and the whether too was not very good the last month, you can have the four seasons in one day. So the doctor stopped this treatment as he said that the chemistry of the body changes in fever.

We resumed it two weeks ago and hope to reach anything positive. By the end of this month the doctor want to make an amino acid test and heavy metals to see if there is any defiency that is worsening the thal in an indirect way. He said that if there are deficiency in certain amino acids, we can give them to him so the body can see them and start using them.

I can say that this treatment -if  it will work for me- work very slowly and each person reacts according the his own body.  We are waiting to see how will the body react.It is as if you are offering the body something and you are just waiting to see will the body recognize and see it and then start to use  or it will just be insensitive to it.

But what  can tell from now is that i can see that somehow these injections are givng like a jump start to all body functions. I can say this because when we went to the endocrinologist she said that she is till now pleased with the growth till now he is in his normal range and i hope that the velocity of his growth will not decrease. My only problem is that he does not gain weight but she told me that she is more concerned about the height

By the way Ahmad has just changed his lower  two teeth and the new ones are at their half way.

Again thank you my friend

manal

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2008, 06:29:19 AM »
Manal,

I hope that all of you are feeling much better now - we also went through many colds and flus this season.  Being sick certainly strains everything - that is what caused my son's hg to fall - after being maintained for almost a year.  I hope that everyone stays healthy now!

I hope that the medication works well for Ahmad and that he grows well.  Congrats on the new teeth - my daughter also got new bottom teeth during the past few months:)  I wish you all the best - keep us posted!!

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline maha

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 07:58:07 AM »
Hi Manal
I had been waiting for your update. What is Ahmeds current hb?
take care
Maha

Offline Manal

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2008, 08:15:38 AM »
Hi Maha

After all the fevers, i did a CBC on May 1st and it was 6.2 :wah

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2008, 08:29:10 AM »
Manal,

I hope that his hg improves soon, illness can have this affect.  I'm sure things will get better very soon! 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2008, 11:10:23 AM »
:pray Praying for everyone always :pray
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2008, 10:59:35 AM »
I hope his hb will increase soon,wishing him every joy in the world  :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2008, 06:20:41 PM »
Sharmin, Sajid, Zaini... your wishes means the world to me, :hugfriend :hugfriend may God accept them

manal

Kathy11

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 12:12:05 AM »
Dear Manal good luck 

Without me saying, I'm here and I support you and Ahmed; :hugfriend :hugfriend
God is always around, sometimes a bit too slow to our liking, nevertheless he is around. be patient.

Lots of love
 from Kathy

Offline Manal

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 12:29:08 AM »
Thank you a lot my dear friend Kathy, your words are always comforting and really makes me feel a lot better, thank you :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:59 PM »
How's Ahmad doing Manal?  I hope you see an increase in his hg soon.  I'm sure now that he has recovered from his fever and illness he will do much better. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2008, 12:33:34 PM »
Thank you Sharmin for your concern  :hugfriend . I will be doing a CBC in the beginning of the next month and i hope i can find any positive change :dunno

manal

Offline olivia mary

• Olivia Mary
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2008, 06:38:33 PM »
Hi everyone...

Manal is your son on hydroxyurea?   Livi has been on 2ml  hydroxyurea for some time now along with folic acid.....within a short time her hb was at a 9. Today she is around an 8. Her dr feels that we can raise her hydroxyurea because of her age and weight and the dose that she is on is small. However, I am afraid to do so because she would have to have her blood drawn every 2 weeks to check for damage ( I think to her liver-maybe kidneys Im not sure) and then we also don't know what the long term affects could be. ( this is just my personal feelings on raising the meds). Olivia has been growing normally and she is doing great......and has not needed any transf. to date. I am so happy for you. I know how it feels to see even the smallest difference it gives us so much hope.
Your situatuion sounds so much like ours....I know it is so hard not to worry or to go one day without thinking about it. But life goes on and life is good. We do have so many things to be thankful for. I know God is watching over all of us and we will be ok.

My love to all
Kathleen

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk