New Here

• 13 Replies

Offline Hope

New Here
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:15:18 PM »
Hi! I just joined...I want to introduce myself. I am a mother of a 18 month old daughter who is Thal Major. She is our first child. Before we found out that she is Thal Major, we had never heard of this condition. So, you can imagine how heartbroken and devasted we were. It took me more than a year to come to terms with her condition and get a grip on my emmotions and get inner strength to cope with it on a daily basis. Even then, when her transfusions days near, I feel sad. Anyway, my daughter started her transfusion when she is 2 months old. She goes every 4 weeks for her transfusion. Her ferritin recently crossed 1000. The doc said, we will start exjade after she is 2 years old. We live on the east coast and indian by origin. In this situation atleast we feel good that we are in USA and able to give our daughter the best treatment possible. I am really glad that I found this forum. I am looking forwrad to becoming a part of this big family. I am in the process of reading as many posts as I can. I must say many posts are touching my heart.....Thats all from me for now.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: New Here
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »
Hi Hope,

:welcome on the forum,i hope you'll find answers to your questions here.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
Hi Hope and  :welcome

I can see already that you are fitting nicely into our family and am quite happy to see you are contributing so quickly. Having met so many thals I can feel confident in saying, that those who do best are those whose parents have taken the time and made the effort to give them the best care they can and also to understand thalassemia as best that they can. Your own efforts can greatly increase the quality of your child's life. I salute you and all the caring parents of thals that are members of this group. You make a huge difference in the lives of your children.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 10:37:05 PM »
Hi Hope & welcome to the site,
Thats great you were able to join us and it will help you and family,there are great posts to read heaps of info & even better great people!
 :hugfriend

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:27:44 AM »
Hi Hope and welcome to the big family,  :urwelcome Please feel free to ask anything

Take care
Manal

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 10:45:12 AM »

Hello there! Welcome! Do hope you feel at home in this big family....  :hugfriend
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 12:29:31 PM »
Hi Hope,

You've already met the welcoming committee :biggrin

Feel free to ask any questions that you have in mind and share your story with us.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Hope

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
Thanks everyone for a warm welcome. This is a great forum for Thal pateints and parents. Thank you all soo much.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 09:13:22 PM »
Hi Hope!  :hithere Welcome to the forum!  Nice to have you here with us. :)

Kathy11

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 12:21:31 AM »
I would like to welcome all new comers ,thanks for joining our wonderful family,the more the merrier.

The thought of the day for everyone.

Friends are like angels who  lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble  remembering , how to fly

Thank-you all for being there  you are the best :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers :flowers
Have a nice day.
With love from Kathy

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 06:45:07 AM »
The thought of the day for everyone.

Friends are like angels who  lift us to our feet, when our wings have trouble  remembering , how to fly

Kathy! That was beautiful! :yes
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Kathy11

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 08:19:26 AM »
Thank-you Sajid :hugfriend

Offline Hope

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 02:09:26 PM »
Thank you Danielle and Kathy for the warm welcome.

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 01:15:31 AM »
Hi   :wavey
I welcome to the forum Hope and Im lookin forward to hear from You :peace best wishes
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk