• 19 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Re: STEM CELL THERAPY!!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 01:53:42 PM »
Hi Zaini,

Can you ask those kids/parents if they were ever transfusion dependant and what impact did this treatment has on them. Like increase in interval between Tx and Chelation etc.

I'm excited that you have managed to get the contacts.

Great going! :thumbsup
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 02:26:53 AM »
Dear Zaini

When i met Dr. Ilham at the Cairo conference, she never mentioned that thal major stop transfusion. She said that she has done her treatment on 32 thal major patients and they stopped transfusion from 6 months to a maxiumum of one year and done it on two intermediate and it has been one and half year since they transfused and she added that she still doesn't know till when they will continue as they were the first intermediates at that time. She was interested in combining her treatment with natural Fetal H inducers like resveratrol after the lecture of Professor Gambari of Italy

Manal

Offline Hope

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 07:26:08 PM »
Zaini,

Thanks for doing all the research...Please see if you can get hold of actual patients that got the treatment and how they are doing now. I will be cautiously optimistic...

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2008, 11:10:56 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I called those two patients and talked to their moms,outcome was expected,they told me that it,s been three years they went to that hospital for the treatment,both families were very less previliged and poor,when i asked why they left the treatment they told me that the hospital was very far from their places.i asked them that what difference did they see while getting that treatment,were the transfusion delayed? they said transfusions were never delayed nor stopped,but there was a positive change in kid's complexion and tummy bulge,they said that iron level was reduced but when i asked that if they remembered what was the reading,they said they never knew the exact reading but they were told by those people that their kid's iron was going down.presently one of those kids has the iron level of 3500 and another one's was 10,000.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2008, 06:40:15 PM »
Hi Sajid,

that person told us that the cost of per session for retrodifferentiation is about 3 to 4 lacs

ZAINI.

Now Tariq Mumtaz just got back in town last week after a prolong stay abroad.  They jacked up the price of this therapy to 8 lacs as well as per our recent conversation with him.  What a rip off.  They are testing their medicine on us and at the same time charging us for that too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk