My son 18 month old has been diagnosed as a patient of Beta Thalassemia Major

• 7 Replies
1.         Would my child suffering with Beta Thalassemia Major be cured ?

2.         Is there any homeopath who cures beta thalassemia major ?

Amit Kumar

hiiiiiiii amit
this is pleasance, i m really sorry but thalassaemia is a manageable thing yes n it is curable but rt now only thru bone marrow transplant n some cases of gene therapy but no homeopathy has its cure n yes do not fall prey to any person telling u tht it can b cured
           i know at this point n time we r under sch a strss tht evry time someone gives us hope we tend to believe it
 by the way can u tell me u r under whch doctor n where do u take ur chil;d 4 transfusion
pls feelnfree to ask any doubts or queries here all sail in the same boat n know what one grows thru
take care n m online ask me any thin u want

Offline jade

Hi Amit

Welcome to the webiste.  You will get loads of information from so many wonderful persons here.  Why don't you browse on the different topics.  You will have a general idea of what thal is, what are the procedures to go about dealing with it(when to transfuse and when to chelate)and what nutrition is recommended(what to avoid).  I try to read as many posts as possible but each time I find things which I have previously missed out. Informing yourself about thal is very very important since there are so many doctors (not all) who cannot even diagnose it and they are at times not able to give the best advice. You can ask as many questions as you like, there is always someone to answer you on this website.  Pleasance has already replied your queries.

Good luck and "bon courage".
JAde

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Hi Amit!

First of all :welcome to the site!

I hope that this site will provide you with all the answers that you have in mind regarding the condition of your baby.

I hope that you have required all the knowledge about Thal. so that you can understand what makes this disorder tick and how it can be managed and eventually cured. You must get yourself acquainted with everything about Thal. to understand how to defeat it.

As you know that this is a genetically inherited disorder that involves mutation of Hb. genes in our Bone Marrow's stem cells that make blood. To cure this defect, the practical solution is to replace the existing stem cells in the bone marrow with a healthy ones or cure the existing genes via genetic engineering.

A bone marrow transplant is very risky, costly and has very tough criteria for a successful transplant while the genetic engineering is a theoretical treatment and scientist are working on the most effective way to make it practical.

Please ask your doctor about the Bone marrow option if there is any chance of a matching sibling.

As for the Homeopathy; there are claims that have yet to be proven and so far they have failed to produce any success stories.

Feel free to ask more question that you have in mind.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Hope

Amit,

Welcome to the forum. My 19 month old daughter was diagnosed as beta Thal major when she was 11 days old. She is on every 4 week transfusion regimen. We will start chelation when she turns two. She is doing great and ahead in many of her age milestones...so, be assured that your son will be fine too. Contact a hematologist in your area who is aware of the recent updates in Thal care and follow the proven treatment for your son.

I am not aware of Thal cure using Homeopathy, auyrveda etc. So far, only cord blood transplantation or Bone marow transplantation are the only 2 treatments that can cure Thal. Gene Therapy is promising and under investigation. Your son is too young for any of these treatments. so, follow the transfusion and chelation treatment so that his growth and development remains healthy. Best of luck!

:welcomewagon

Offline Lyanne

Hi! Welcome! I do hope you feel at home and find all your questions answered......... I'm 30 year old thal major patient and have a sister who is also a thal major patient, we have grown to have an average normal life except for  trips to the hospistal for bt and trips to the lab and clinic of our hema so far it is only managed and can't be cured & there are few chelating meds that could help and maintain the disorder. We all hope for something a miracle to cure it but so far the best is to have your son well managed by his pedia/hema. With that you can be sure your son is in good hands and best of care!   :hugfriend  Take care!
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Ginni

My son 18 month old has been diagnosed as a patient of Beta Thalassemia Major

Hi Amit,

Can you please tell me if Thal major has been diagnosed now when your son is 18 months old or you came to know of it earlier and only posting it now when your son is 18 months old.

Regards,

Offline kabir_love

hi,
  well amit  dont lose hope. and the thing is you must know everything about this problem that will help you fight against it else it will create unwanted tension to you.

http://www.emedicine.com/PED/topic2229.htm#molecularpathology     >>> everything you need to know.
http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2007-08/niod-nsd083007.php   >>>about iron over load

please check this link go through this ...

best of luck

micky

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk