Send Me Your Unused Desferal

• 38 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Send Me Your Unused Desferal
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 06:23:23 AM »
Hi Merchant,

I don't have any desferal right now, but if anyone wants to help out and send me some, I will send it along to you.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 05:44:10 PM »
thanks

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 03:35:51 AM »
When Sajid passed away, one of the first thoughts that went through my mind was this thread.  Andy desperately pleading with everyone to help Sajid get desferal.  Although I do not have access to desferal - because ours is premixed and useless after 6 days - I felt like I failed in saving Sajid. 

Andy, you tried so hard to protect him - but the system failed.  I hope that we can work together to prevent this from happening to others - as you have mentioned in earlier posts on this thread. 

I don't know who to blame, drug companies?  politics? 

Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 07:55:01 PM »
Sharmin,

I sent him desferal once,as it was easy for me coz we were residing in the same country,but he didn't let me do it again,desferal is not very xpensive here,if some one from out side my country needs it ,cost of desferal itself is not a problem,but international shipping cost or postage is really high.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 08:53:10 PM »
Hi Zaini,

I remember you that you had sent him desferal and how reluctant he was to ask anyone for help.  He just kept telling us all
that he was fine.   I guess I have just been looking back to see where things went wrong and why we lost our friend :(  And maybe determine what needs to change in the future.  This has been so hard to accept. 

My dear, if there were more angels like you the world would be a different place,   :hugfriend

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 01:44:35 AM »
Hi Zaini & Sharmin ,
your posts on sajid makes me fall in his memories .. its pretty much difficult to live without the friend like sajid ...  when-ever i read the post regarding to sajid's memories , it hurt's , i still cant believe that a person can leave that much earlier ... a friend and a friendship  only for 6months ... cant believe ... he & his memories looks like a sweet dream that ended whhen i woke up  ....

Umair
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 02:00:29 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 02:32:49 AM »
Asim Aziz, Merchant Hussain,

Do you both now have access to desferal?  Please let us know about your situation.

Thank you,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2008, 12:37:07 AM »
I want to remind everyone that this is an ongoing plea. Patients need desferal. Many cannot afford enough and others have seen supplies reduced as Novartis removes it from many markets. If anyone has any desferal or Exjade to donate, please contact me. The need is absolutely staggering. We are only beginning to hear from some places like Indonesia and Thailand but thalassemia is widespread in southeast Asia, and the need for treatment is great. Please do whatever you can to help. This is the season of giving, so please think about those so far less fortunate than yourselves.
Andy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2008, 02:02:54 AM »
Andy,

Because we don't have access to unmixed desferal and exjade is given to us as part of a trial (only certain amounts for certain periods of time) - can we somehow financially contribute to this cause? 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2008, 12:58:59 PM »
Andy,

I don't have unused desferal but i can buy it,You must know people in neighboring countries of Pakistan who need desferal,like India or Maldives,or anyy othe country which isn't far away,please tell me about a few of them and i'll check it with the post office and tell you if i can arrange to send them desferal,is that alright?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Emby

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 10:32:29 PM »
hi andy,

can i contribute money towards this?....if yes how?  can u send me details?

Offline Andy Battaglia

Andy

Offline eesha

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:57 AM »
when i was on desferal, and i used to go on holiday to pakistan i used to try to leave any unused equipment eg neeedles, syringes, emla cream (come on that is anasthetic they should be glad of that for anyone)even a pump and desferal there but the doctors kept saying we have no use for these things-ignorance?
If there are any apkistanis that would like me to give them a pump please let me know as i have one nad next time i go to pak or one of my family go i can send to you also syringes and needles.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 07:31:57 AM »
Eesha,

I don't know anyone personally right now,but you can gift your pump to Fatimid foundation or Hussaini,as they are doing a wonderful service for thals by providing them free medication.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 01:05:19 PM »
Just today I have got to know that Afzaal Memorial is doing excellent work, from transfusion,  chelation to endocrine. What else a patient needs :)? A complete Thalassemia Center! specially for the people who can't afford.

I was in contact with their team but today through another doctor I got to know about their services :)
-Ayesha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk