I hope everything will be ok with your daughter Andy, :goodluck

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: can someone help me out?
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »
Andy,

I hope that your daughter's blood test results are reflecting the recent cold she experienced.  I hope that everything is okay - please keep us posted on her condition Andy. 

Zaini, I am glad that the gripe water seems to have eased Zainab's stomach aches.  Our doctor has told us that stomach aches are one of the most common complaints in children - and can occur often as children grow.  He said that they are rarely a cause for concern - especially when the child points the belly button when asked where the ache is. 

The doctor felt that the dizziness last week may have been due to the sudden drop in hg- whereas usually his hg drops gradually - the antibody caused a sudden drop this time.  My concern has been the continued dizziness and shakiness after the nice gradual transfusion yesterday and the higher dose of prednisone he began yesterday.  I wonder if the sensation of blocked ears and dizziness are related.  Could he have an inner ear viral infection?  (When the doctors checked his ears they appeared clear). 

The pains always affect a diffent part of the body -  feet, shins, arms, back, hands, ankles.  When the doctors checked him they both felt that in the absence of swelling, the short duration of the pain - which is always changing to a different location, and no pain when limbs are touched - they don't think that it is serious. 

In the past few days two doctors have checked him head to toe, telling me that he looks extremely healthy.  The first doctor, who did not know about his thalassemia before I told him, swore that he would not know that this child has any type if illness if I did not tell him.  I was happy to hear this.    I do however have this boy sitting next to me telling me that he feels weak, dizzy, shaky and at the moment his feet hurt.  He has not been in school for 3 days - and he loves school - he is currently missing a field trip which he has looked forward to for a long time - I know that he must feel terrible when he said that he did not feel strong enough to go and remarked how disappointed he was.    I hope that things get better soon.

I hope also that Zainab and Andy's daughter feel better soon too. 

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 10:56:31 PM »
Andy, my prayers are with you and please keep us updated. hope i can help in anything. Good luck my friend :hugfriend
manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2008, 02:55:03 AM »
Hello friends,

I decided to take my son to the chiropractor today -  it seemed that he had a sprain in his neck causing the dizziness and 'blocked' feeling in the ears.  The chiropractor agreed that the pains were growing pains - and he gave me some massage techniques to alleviate the pains.  He gently helped with the neck sprain - and voila - my son said that his head, neck and ears feel better.  He has been playing, climbing and misbehaving since the chiropractor visit - things he has not done in weeks!!  I am so happy to have my son back!  :happydance

I guess the sprain was related to him reading a big heavy Harry Potter book with his head leaned forward - he read 2 books within a few days.  I hope that he will continue to feel well  :goodluck  I have been so scared seeing him laying on the sofa crying and afraid to move because he was too dizzy - afraid that he would faint.   :quiver
Going to the doctor was becoming useless  :banghead  And i was beginning to lose it  :hissyfit :hissyfit

Zaini - how's our little Zainab?  Andy thanks for your constant help and support - I am praying for your daughter. 
Manal - you are a always there to support us - I hope that your little darling Ahmad is doing well. 

Thanks you everyone for helping me get through this horrible, agonizing week.  I love you all!!
 :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty :ty

Sharmin

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2008, 06:07:48 AM »
Our prayers are with you Andy

:pray

Wish you all the best for your daughter.
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2008, 11:52:36 AM »
That's great Sharmin,

I am so happy that it worked for maani,how did u get that idea to go to a chiropractor in the first place?Any ways congrats  :hugfriend

Zainab is much better,thanks,give my love to Ahmed, Manal  :hugfriend

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 12:43:46 PM »
Sharmin, Zaini,.... i am sooooooooooo happy your angles feel  much better now.   Thanks to God.

Sharmin, your idea of a chiropractioner is brilliant, i myself had severe pain in my neck and shoulders all my life and with two sessions of rolfing everything is super now and i have no pains any more

Good luck my friends :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

Manal

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »
Hi Sharmin,

That's great news! Was he sore at all the next day after being adjusted?

I guess we need to remember that not everything that happens to a child with thal, is related to thal.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2008, 11:55:53 PM »
Thanks Andy, I am glad to see the improvement as well.  He has been riding his bike, playing in the park and doing all of his normal activities again.  The chiropractor said that he would like to see him once more to see how things are settling - but he assured me that kids recover very quickly, as I have seen. 

I am surprised that a neck sprain caused my son to feel so miserable - dizzy, nauseated, etc.  I had to put him in a wheel chair to bring him home after his blood test on Tuesday - which devastated me - because he is such an athletic and energetic child.  I am glad things are well now. 

How is your daughter Andy?  I hope things are going well for her.  Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.   :pray
You are right, being a parent, while being rewarding can also be very anxiety provoking.  Please keep us posted. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 12:18:12 AM »
My daughter's doctor has decided to delay re-testing her white cell count until her physical in May, so that her system will not be showing any more effects of the cold she had. She seems to be doing ok although she is still tired, but lack of sleep and a typical student diet, probably are factors in that. We are hoping for the best. It does make me very nervous, as I have some prior experience counseling someone that I met through a member of this group, who had the same symptoms and was found to have leukemia. Treatment did work and and the woman has been well for some time now and calls me her brother.  :smiley Thanks Ayesha, for introducing us.

We do hope it isn't anything this serious. My daughter just landed a nursing internship at a hospital in Buffalo for the summer and is quite excited.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 12:28:36 AM »
Andy, i hope everything will be just fine. you and your family are always in my prayers :hugfriend

Manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »
BEST WISHES FOR YOUR DAUGHTER ANDY!

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 07:37:02 PM »
My daughter just landed a nursing internship at a hospital in Buffalo for the summer and is quite excited.

That's awesome, Andy.  :biggrin  Please keep us updated on her health.  :hugfriend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk