fertillity plz help me

• 39 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: fertillity plz help me
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 01:07:10 AM »
Ye, i agree too about lowering the ferritin... You can do it and you will find us all backing and supporting you. All you have to do it to start complying,please

manal

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 03:24:29 PM »
Hello!  I wanted to let you know that I was under fertility treatment last summer and am currently 27 weeks pregnant.  I am 33 years old, and a Thal major patient as well.  So far, thanks to lots of prayers, I have had a healthy pregnancy and the baby is doing good too!  My ferritin was pretty high when I got pregnant, a little under 5000.  I had to stop taking desferol when I found out I was pregnant, and I won't start it again until after the baby is born.  Before you start anything, make sure each of your doctors is up to date on what you're doing (going through fertility treatment) and that you get their approval...that includes the cardiologist, hematologist, fertility doctor, high risk pregnancy doctor, etc.  The fertility meds I took include Menopur, Ovadril, and then HCG (they were all self injected shots).  I also started taking prenatal vitamins without iron.   I got pregnant within 2 -3 months, after they figured out how much Menopur my body needed.  Feel free to ask me any questions.

Offline Manal

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:55:47 PM »
Teacher with thal

I am really so happy to hear the wonderful news. Congratulations and i hope you will have a safe delivery and a wonderful baby. Eat well and take care

keep us updated

manal

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 04:55:19 PM »
Teacher with thal,

Your story is really encouraging for us all,especially for me who has a daughter with thal and to whom people often ask " who will marry your daughter ?"

Thanks for being a ray of hope . Wishing you all the best with your pregnancy,please do share with us the good news when it arrives.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 07:37:52 PM »
Teacher with thal,

Congratulations on your pregnancy, I wish you a healthy pregnancy and delivery. Please keep us posted - especially when your little one arrives :)

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline jade

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 04:48:37 AM »
Hi Teacher with Thal

This is wonderful news.  Congratulations and take good care of yourself and your baby.

Jade

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 01:03:09 AM »
Thank you everyone for your sweet messages!  I don't even know you, but I can feel the love.  Once again, thanks to prayers, my pregnancy continues to go well.  My ferritin levels even dropped to 2500 (that's a 50% drop).  On Sunday, I'll be in my 32nd week of pregnancy and everything continues to go well for me and the baby.  I'm even able to continue to teach my 20 little third graders.  For the last 2 months, I have been getting transfused every other week.  Continue to keep me and my baby girl in your prayers.  I'll continue to keep you updated.  Thanks for all the love and support!

Offline Zaini

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 06:17:55 AM »
Dear teacher with thal,

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 06:23:03 AM »

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline SF

« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 09:46:33 AM »
I'm so happy to hear your success story, teacher with thal!! Wish you all the best with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery!! :goodluck

Related to this topic: I still get my periods, thank God! However, I'm noticing they're becoming a bit irregular, which is quite the case with thal females, I think.  Another reason I should comply with chelation more...  :(
Best,
-SF

PS. I was hoping someone would bring up such topic or I was thinking about starting a thread on Thal related female issues.. happy to see this topic appear on this forum! (as I'm usually VERY shy when it comes to discussing about this topic)

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 10:02:26 PM »
Teacher with thal,

Your story is really encouraging for us all,especially for me who has a daughter with thal and to whom people often ask " who will marry your daughter ?"

Zaini.

Zaini,

I certainly got upset if people are asking this insensitive question. Please go tell them, its not their business who will marry my daughter. Right now I pray that some day your and my daughter will be posting on this forum and talking about their pregnancy and sharing experiences. God willing.

Truly....
Regards.

Offline Manal

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 10:05:21 PM »
PS. I was hoping someone would bring up such topic or I was thinking about starting a thread on Thal related female issues.. happy to see this topic appear on this forum! (as I'm usually VERY shy when it comes to discussing about this topic)

SF
Please feel free to discuss what ever concerns you, it is important to have answers to any of your concerns and you are always welcomed to PM me, Sharmin and Zaini. Any of us will do our best to help you or make you in contact with someone who will help :hugfriend

I'm noticing they're becoming a bit irregular

I think this is so much related to elevated iron levels that when loaded in the body organs cause changes in levels of hormones. SF, please consider IV desferal, it will help lowering the iron levels

manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 06:45:46 AM »
Canadian Family  :hugfriend

Thanks for the support,yes my prayers are as same as yours,for all the thal kids.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline SF

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 08:18:20 AM »
Thank you, Manal  :hugfriend   I appreciate your support!
Actually while looking at my last lab results and researching on the topic of TSH (Thyroid hormone) levels.. I'm thinking it could be due to over-activity of thyroid.. My levels are normal but towards the lower end of the range.. Another cause could be the lack of exercise in my daily routine.. I've noticed when I am more active, things are better.. I'll have to figure this one out..  :huh
All this, however, started when I first went on Exjade... Back then, I used to be much more active and healthier. I still believe Exjade had something to do with it.. it messed me up.. I'm not the only one, another thal gal at Oakland Children's also experienced the same when she went on Exjade... I wonder if it's documented as a side effect  ???

Regards,
SF

Offline Dori

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
 :congrats

Best wishes, Dore

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk