monthley blood transfusions or bonemarrow transplant

• 1 Replies

Offline Alia

monthley blood transfusions or bonemarrow transplant
« on: April 26, 2008, 06:05:27 PM »
hi everyone
 please give me some ideas to help me decide whather i should do sara a bonemarrow transplant.sara is now 2 and half,and thalassimia major. The docters are testing her brothers for bonemarrow match,the results will be comming in two weeks.
can anyone tell me please if they done it themselves or for there kid? how successful it was and how did it for the person to get better. will it be good idea f its done?
i just dont wana make a wrong desion.if i lift her to recive blood tranfusion for the rest of her life she will have soo many broblem along the way incloding some organ failare so i dont know what to do plz help me decide
alia

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: monthley blood transfusions or bonemarrow transplant
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 06:49:06 PM »
Hi Alia,

Two of our members, Khalifa and Omega have had BMT done for their children. Both children are now doing well and making their own blood. However, there was a period of time when the outcome for Khalifa's son was in doubt and he was very ill. He is doing so much better now. You should be aware that there is a risk of failure and even death. You need to be prepared for any outcome.

It is a very difficult decision to make if you do have a match for your child. In the end, only you will be able to make this choice, but it would help you to read through the posts about their kids and maybe even communicate directly with them so you can understand better what is involved.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk