• 17 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Events happening for Thalassaemia Day
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2008, 02:24:21 PM »
WOW !!

Sajid that's great  :clapcheergirl :clapcheergirl :clapcheergirl

You deserve to be their chief guest :)

I think this is a great opportunity for drawing more attention of the doctors (and hopefully the health minister) to see what is going on around the world regarding Thal. and where Pakistan stands.

Pardon my sarcasm Sajid,but i doubt if she even knows what thalassemia is  :thumbdown

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »
 :congrats my friend, you deserve the best and you are an ideal representitve :hugfriend :hugfriend. I am sure that your input will make a difference in others' life.

manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 12:26:39 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm glad it's over with and like I had predicted. It was the same old rant. The Chief Guest Federal health minister had to cut short her visit due to other "important commitments" :rolleyes and to the reply for the support of govt. for thals. she gave a political reply blaming the previous govt. that they have left nothing for the welfare of people. She said that a "sponsor a child" program might be started where the people would donate Rs.5000 per month which is an average cost of treatment. :great I seriously doubt these funds will ever reach the deserving patients :-\

The only thing that I could do was meet the director of P.I.M.S Dr. Tahira She is a very kind lady and had organized the event very well. I was introduced to her by our Head Nurse in charge Sister Nasira who also did a great job in keeping everything going smoothly.

Well, that's that; nothing new and the same old rant... :great
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk