Update on the Cairo Conference

• 16 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Update on the Cairo Conference
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 06:28:44 PM »
I know that this sounds ambitious but can't we all do something?  Something like worlds vision where you sponsor someone abroad and help pay for their care?  Also, if there was a way to ensure that our friends all over the world receive proper treatment - to make sure they always get transfusions and chelation?  For example, when Sajid found himself having difficulty getting desferal - maybe if we have a plan to help our friends in need. 

A president with a soul?  Now that may be a stretch.  I think most of them have a gene mutation preventing the development of a conscience  :biggrin
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Update on the Cairo Conference
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 12:50:08 AM »
I have to disagree. This is a huge election for the US. If the old guy is elected, nothing will change, and that is what he has said. Anyone else will open the door to stem cell research and that is a big change. A president open to talking to other world leaders, rather than bombing them would also be a nice change. I don't have illusions, but the US does have a real choice this time.

And I totally agree with what Kathy said. Each person has to try to make changes at the individual level. If we wait for someone else to do it...well, I guess it's the way a lot of people are but we don't have to be that way ourselves.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk