My beloved cousin

• 7 Replies
My beloved cousin
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »

Hello everyone !!

When I'm 6 years old and don't really know what's thalasemmia is (I'm a Thal Minor), But it changes suddenly when this comes to my life, My 17 yrs old cousin , who is a Thal Major , fell into coma because of excess iron in his heart because of missing his casual medication, when I look at him in the hospital , it was too late already, his whole body turn yellowish and in a deep coma state, no reaction to the enviroment , no reply from what we said, just sleep at his bed......When i look at my relatives , i asked what happen to him but no one answer my question .....

So what i do is just simple.... walk to his side and shake him and keep asking him question just want to wake him up, but i tried for 15 minutes, i gived up .... Tears started to flow down from my cheeks but i still not stoping shaking him and shouting ...... but nothing works out........ He was declared dead and funeral had been done yet i still can't forget what i saw that day and how he looks like....even when i'm typing here , i'm trying to control my tears from falling down ..... but what can i do ...... He's already dead for bout 10 years already...... but what i can only do is only mourn and pray for him ...... deep inside my heart.....keep it as a precious memories ....... although he had leave me here but he'll still be in my heart , lively as in the past ........Always ..........

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: My beloved cousin
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 10:17:58 AM »
Your post had touched me alot, may his soul rest in peace. But i am sure that he is in a better place

manal

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 11:44:38 AM »
:quiver

:sorrow
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 03:24:47 PM »
My gosh, I am so sorry for your pain and your loss.  May his soul rest in peace. 

I'm glad that you posted on our site, you will find a lot of love and support here.
 :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow :sorrow

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 05:33:14 PM »
I am sorry,this is a pathetic word though,sometimes,it can't convey all the emotions we feel.

ZAINI.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:24:42 PM »
Nothing to say , no words to describe my emotions but i can understand  ur feelings ............
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Kathy11

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »
Hello K-caro.
I am sad to hear that you lost your cousin ten years ago and the experience  still linger on on mind.I feel it was  hard for a child to go through that ordeal.

I also believe because of that event, it has help you to be serious about taking your cheletion medication seriously and has helped you tremendously,

There is always a positive to the nagative  part of our life.
I hope these few words make you  feel  better and encourages you to persist and go on with your life.
Good luck and may god gives you strength and courage.
You cousin is very proud of you for his remembrance :sorrow
Kathy

Kathy11

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 11:31:48 PM »
Be kind to yourself you were a child of six years old and sorry about typing
the chelation medication I  read that you are thal Minors and still the experience, has helped you to take better care of you health and thus enhance your life.
Take care
Kathy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk