Give a Gift to Thalassemia Patients and Friends

• 3 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Give a Gift to Thalassemia Patients and Friends
« on: May 24, 2008, 04:02:53 AM »
At the request of many members, (and with some hesitance on my part) you can now give a cash gift to Thalassemia Patients and Friends using paypal.com. Paypal is used throughout the world and is available for most countries.

Go to www.paypal.com and if you don't already have an account, sign up. Select Send Money, and send your gift to the ID, loveartblues@hotmail.com

If you have a specific area you want to have the money put towards, please add a note with your gift. Also, please choose US dollars as the currency to send the gift. Examples of uses for the gift are, send Andy to thalassemia conferences, web site fees, and postage for sending meds and supplies around the world.

You do not have to be a member of this group to send a gift. If you feel the work done here should be supported, please feel free to give. No funds will be used for personal purposes. Gifts are not currently tax deductible and we can receive as much as $12,000 US per year from any one person, so I don't think tax issues will be any problem (unless we have some unknown millionaire benefactor). Please do not ever give if it means you will have to do without. The needs of patients should always come first. I will always do my best to allocate the money in ways to advance the goals of this group.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Andy Battaglia

Re: Give a Gift to Thalassemia Patients and Friends
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 05:17:23 AM »
And, thanks for the nudge, Dave.  :thumbsup
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 05:22:56 PM »
Paypal fees are exorbitant. I had hoped a personal account would solve this because they are supposedly free from fees. This is not the case. Paypal is very misleading and it is obvious that this is quite intentional. Paypal charges ridiculous fees for every transaction and being that I do have my own business and know what credit cards fees actually are, it is quite apparent that Paypal is making huge money on processing fees. They are also making money on currency exchange, and these fees are also quite excessive.

People can use Paypal if that is what is most convenient, but I am adding another option. Gifts can also be made by money order in US funds.

Send to  Comics Etc
           1115 East Main St
            Unit 81
Rochester, NY 14609
             USA

I'd like to thank everyone who has donated. The money will be put to good use.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 03:22:32 PM by Andy »
Andy

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 09:35:04 PM »
I want to thank the people who have donated so far. It has allowed me to pay the postage to send out needles to patients all around the world. Thank you very much for your support!  Sending out needles was one of Lisa's passions and I am happy to be able to resume doing it.
 :thankyou
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk