i dont wantto giveup

• 42 Replies

Offline Lyanne

Re: i dont wantto giveup
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 11:47:56 AM »

Welcome to the site Carmi! just ask away you question feel at home and are here to answer your questions and be of help when you need support....  :hugfriend :biggrin :wink
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 04:40:18 PM »
Hi Carmi,

There is no reason at all for you to think that you can never have romance in your life. Being thal minor won't keep you getting married, in fact many majors have married and even had children. Minors really only need to make sure their mate is tested for thal before having kids, so you can be aware of the risks. There are literally hundreds of millions of thal minors on earth and most of them are unaware that they carry the thal gene and most of them find romance in their lives, and you can too.  :heartred
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Annie

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »
Hi friend,
hw ru all?m fyn
thanx for reading my posts.
ya its true that sometimes i feel so hopeless but m not going to give up.
thanx a lot for ur support actually I m not affraid of my thala n physical pain.bt what about mental pain.it hurts more,you know what i m saying.right?
but thank God i found this site
now i can share my feelings with my friends.
plz be in touch.
bye bye
take care

I AM  SUFFERING FROM THALA MAJOR

Offline carmi

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 01:35:03 PM »
hi there nice friend,
everyone here has been nice to me and giving me good information.. its just that  as i go through all of the post i feel that there is more reason not to worry.. this diease or state as i may call it is managable....right?!!!!!

thanks  you so much

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 02:27:50 PM »
Yes, it's totally manageable and with thal minor(Thal minima) all you need to do is stay happy and have a healthy lifestyle.
:thumbsup
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline carmi

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »
  dear  andy, :hugfriend :hugfriend

the first 2nd reason that I criend when i was diagnosed  for thal minor was I may n ot have kids..I grew up with 4 siblings and to some none will be haert breaking...But to read stories of other thal minors who concieved...my heart leaped for the chance I will have...
 in the philippines I'm sure genetic counceling is present but not very popular but i bet i surely need it ...

im a little bit ashame to post anything here to  say what im going through as compare to those with the major type...  they are suffering I am not.... needles piercing my skin once in a while is no compared to kids helpless cries and parents endless prayers for their love ones...but everyone seems to be accomodating and nice to me here....
I just cant help to thank you all :wink :wink :wink :wink :wink :wink

bless you andy and the rest of my new found angels.....
alll of you are contributing in my acceptance and understanding :wink

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 02:56:17 PM »
Dear Carmi,

Thalassemia should not limit your ability to have children at all!  You only need genetic councelling if you want to have a child with another thal. 

My mom is a thal minor and she had 3 children.  One of your parents is thal minor and they had 4 children!  I am thal minor and I had a baby boy soon after my first anniversary!  :biggrin     Thal minor will not affect your ability to conceive children. 

My husband was a tri athlete and played on every sports team you could imagine.  We only found out he had thal minor in a blood test when we were going to have my son.  Thal minor had never affected him before and it has not affected him since. 
Nor has he ever had an ache or pain (thank god!!!).  In fact, thal does not have any significance in our life other than how it affects our son. 

I am glad that you are asking these questions, I hope we are reassuring you that you are okay and that you really don't have a disease to manage.  The slight anemia, which some women have anyway can be helped with supplements; and having a good diet & excercise will keep you energized. 

Please feel free to ask anything that may concern you,

Sharmin  :hugfriend

« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 04:03:55 PM by sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »

Dear Carmi, your questions are just as important as anyone else's.  We all have varying degrees of problems and they are all important.  Good for you for being proactive and trying to find information, if anything you will get reassurance. 

Thalassemia is prevalent in certain parts of the world, thought to be preventative against malaria.  In it's minor form thalassemia is usually quite harmless.  My son is thal major, which has been a battle for us.  My daughter on the other hand does not have any thal at all, but it would not have concerned me at all if she had thal minor because I consider someone with thal minor to be healthy.    I hope this helps you:)

Remember every question and concern is important - if it is making you sad and depressed you are better off talking to us about it so we can address your concerns:)

I have posted messages, whining and crying because my son's iron was 2800 (as it was in June).  There are others here who have ferritin levels of 10, 000.  Unfortunately, there are people who do not have the same access to medical care as my son does and they are in much more difficult situations - but these same people still listen to me and offer me support when I go through what I consider to be a hard time. 

My hope is that we can help all of our friends receive as much care and advice as possible wherever they may be.  One possible way that we can all make a difference is by purchasing the Pat Girondi's CD (only $13) and encouraging everyone we know to do so.    Also, we can contribute to thalassemia charities in different parts of the world so that people there can get better care. 

We are all here to help each other:)

Sharmin  :hugfriend

Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 03:46:14 PM »
Hi Carmie,

Excessive bruising is usually a sign of vitamin C deficiency. Thal minors can take C freely, so you might want to try a supplement. I would suggest at least 1000 mg (1 gram) twice daily. C washes from the system quickly so it needs to be replenished frequently. I take 6 grams daily in two doses. When I travel and forget my vitamin C, I start getting bruises all over my legs.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 06:50:12 PM »
Hi Carmi :
hi there nice friend,
everyone here has been nice to me and giving me good information.. its just that  as i go through all of the post i feel that there is more reason not to worry.. this diease or state as i may call it is managable....right?!!!!!

absolutely right ! ... its very true that this diseas is manageable .... even thalassemia maj is manageale as well .... All you have to do is,  good care of your self , and you may live a normal life , good care, that is wat every normal person also have to do , otherwise he/she may suffer to sickness ... its nothing new ...

i m a thal major  , i suffered a bit when i wasn't interested to take care of my self .. but when i start caring my self i m back in the life again you can witness the change in my posts .. and my pic as well ( galllery ).... one of this site member told me that i dont look like a thal ....  ( if you forget about my age for a while :grin ) .....

http://www.simplymarry.com/marry-zine/body-soul/article4.html
Thalassemia Minor is not a disease. Over four crore people in India are diagnosed with this form, but they enjoy a normal and happy life. According to sources, Amitabh Bachchan, Amisha Patel, Zinedine Zidane and Pete Sampras have been known to be diagnosed with it. So, you can jump, hop, dance, kick and smash without any hue and cry

soo .. you're 100% normal ,  you have to take good care of your self and you will live normal life ...
concentrate on andy's advice .....

As Andy mentioned said ....
Andy There are literally hundreds of millions of thal minors on earth and most of them are unaware that they carry the thal gene

Best Regards
Take Care
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 09:40:48 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2008, 06:54:51 AM »

Hey Carmi,

It is so manageable! Just as long as you are compliant and always take the advice of your hema  :wink & you will never go wrong.   :hugfriend
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Annie

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2008, 11:41:23 AM »
Hey carmi,
welcome..
I m also a new member..but i feel very comfortable with these people.
feel free to share with us 
i m thala major and still i think i can do every thing..
i blv that dont give up before try..
ya sometimes i feel very bad too as i said before but this is a part of life.
so dont worry and n joy your life be poitive and be in touch
God bles you

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 05:16:18 AM »
Hi anie , thals do get married I had more than four proposals but I wanted to finish my education first so no worries dear  :wink you'll have a special someone one its the right person on the right time :biggrin
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------

Offline Annie

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
Thanx Maryoom..

Offline maryo0m

• ---SPREAD UR WINGS AND FLY---
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 07:31:46 AM »
you're most welcome  :biggrin
------------Spread your wings and fly-----------