Message from my son:

• 82 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Message from my son:
« on: June 26, 2008, 01:43:54 AM »
Hi, I'm 9 1/2 years old and I have thalassemia major.  I have an auto-antibody,but otherwise I am fine.  Because of this, I have to go in for transfusions more often, and I take pills and to keep my iron down and to keep my hemoglobin high.  I live a healthy and fun life.  I got the academic award for my school, and I am very athletic, so thalassemia obviously doesn't affect that kind of stuff.  I play ice hockey, and my coaches have never even guessed that I have it.  The only difference between me and my classmates is that I miss a bit more school overall and I have desferal for 10 hours a night(which doesn't affect anything thats going on in my life).   

Thanks for all the good advice you guys gave to our family to help me stay healthy.  I hope we can help you back, and I really hope there is a cure for thalassemia.

sincerely,
                 Sharmin's son :thumbsup

Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Message from my son:
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 01:47:59 AM »
Hi friends,

The above message is from my son.  He wanted to write something encouraging on the board for parents of young children - and to motivate thal patients.  He wants people to know that thalassemia doesn't have to get in the way of living a happy and successful life - he doesn't seem to mind having it at all. 

Cheers,
Sharmin
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:52:55 AM by sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 02:47:22 AM »
hi little star :
.. i m surpised that he understood it in early age ....  ......  :high5
... how r u ??... have nice tripp buddy .. try to enjoy as much u can ..  :clapcheerboy
i m waiting to hear once again when arrive to home .. keep post ur little n cute  :clapcheergirl
comments.n dont hesitate to share anything u want share with us ...... take care       :heehee
 :yahoo :yahoo :clap :veil :crackup :hey :yay
                                           bye
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 04:54:15 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 04:20:44 AM »
Have a great time at Disneyland!  :yay

I've heard a lot about you but I don't know something. Which is your favorite hockey team?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:23:43 AM »
Hello there son  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Have a lot of fun in disneyland,and believe me with all efforts your mom is doing for you,you'll continue having fun all your life  :bighug :bighug

We all love you. :kiss :kiss

Aunt Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:01:23 AM »
Hi little one,

Good to see your high spirits. Keep it that way.

You are doing great and proving that Thals. can not only be normal but Super Normal :wink

Now; listen to what your parents say and you can be even better than the best :thumbsup
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 09:19:20 PM »
One day i hope my son would write a post like yours, i am sooo proud of you :hugfriend. I love your challenging spirit . Truely you and your mum are an inspiration.

Welcome sweetie to the site :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »
Hi guys, it's me again, Sharmin's son. I've gotten a lot better since last time I posted. My antibodies are gone because we have been treated with by a lot of  new medications and doctors, thanks to Andy. Oh, and by the way, Andy, I'm sorry I couldn't answer earlier before, but my favorite hockey team is actually the Flames.
 I started up my hockey season as well, and my first game is on Saturday.
Anyway, how are you guys all doing?  I'm feeling awesome! Thalassemia doesn't affect my life in any bad way!
I'm pretty excited about getting online and writing a post to you guys again. I'll be sure to write more often from now on.
If you are worried about your child, well, actually they'll fit in with every one else. When I tell my teachers why I sometimes miss school, they are soooooooo suprised!

I'm sorry Sajid is gone.

Sincerely
                 Little  A      :high5  :thankyou
Sharmin

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 12:18:16 AM »
Hi guys - here's another message from "Little A" my son, I guess our youngest thalpal.  He is grateful for everyone's help here and wanted to thank you all and inspire parents of newly diagnosed thals.  I wasn't allowed to look over his shoulder while he typed - but I think he did a pretty good job  :wink  He hopes to post more often in the future. 

Love Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 12:29:15 AM »
Little A, i just love your post and you are most welcomed writing any time. Actually i want you to write more and more. You are an inspiration to me and my son. Don't imagine how your words gives me a lot of comfort when you say that our children will fit in. Though you are like my daughter in age but i guess i will start learning from you alot. I will appreciate if you from time to time share with us all your expierences and thoughts. Until then, lots of hugs and kisses to you

manal

Offline poo gill

!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2008, 01:17:28 AM »
Hi Armaan

I saw your post for the first time and man I am impressed. Way to go dude!. Your mum has promised that she will be visitng me in S'pore along with you all. I would love to have you all here. Keep posting. I am looking forward to introducing you to my son Prat. He is going to be 9 in Jan.

God bless.

Luv

Aunty Puja
"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." 

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2008, 01:32:20 AM »
Hi Little A,

I'm really happy to know that I've been able to help. You're a healthy kid and the antibody was the only problem. Now you're back to normal just in time for hockey season.  :biggrin 

Dr Vichinsky is a great guy and I'm really happy he is watching over you. I knew if anyone could help straighten things out, it would be him. I hope I can meet him again some day. He really wants you take all your supplements so you can have a good active life and lots of fun!

Thanks for the good advice for parents. Their kids will fit right in when given the chance and parents have to have faith.

Take care and I hope we keep hearing from you.

Big A
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline poo gill

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2008, 01:45:29 AM »
Andy I like the sound of it - Big A and Little A.
"We are like angels with just one wing. We can only fly by embracing each other." 

Offline Maako

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2008, 01:59:29 AM »
Hi Little A, Wow, your posts amazed me... so young and yet you seem to understand thal so well...  am really impressed...you should post more often... i would love to read it all..

take care and loving your attitude.. congratulations on your achievements, your mom told us all about it :biggrin  and we are all very proud of you :congrats

lots of love
Maako

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2008, 02:35:14 AM »
Hi sweetheart, :hugfriend

It's so good to see you posting,i hope we'd meet someday ,love always.

Aunt Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk