Prilosec and B12 Folic Acid

• 1 Replies
Prilosec and B12 Folic Acid
« on: April 20, 2006, 11:53:09 PM »
I earlier posted "I need help" which I still do and have a doctors appointment, but meanwhile, last night, I looked into reactions to Prilosec, which I had taken for a few days leading up to my first symptoms. In the fine print, it said less then 1 % of the people tested had anemia due to B12 or folic acid deficiency or both, in the emergency room I had mentioned that i took Prilosec days earlier they didn't really think anything of it, nor did my doctor in the follow up. The thing is I feel like the doctors look at me like I am crazy, because all the tests so far show nothing , I have a hmo,,, and I think they just want to rush you out the door.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Prilosec and B12 Folic Acid
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 04:16:49 AM »
Hi Chuck,

Just so you know, Prilosec can also cause dizziness, weakness, drowsiness, fatigue, and abdominal pain.  I had read that these were some of your symptoms, so make sure that it's not the side effects of the medication you are taking.

I totally agree with doctors just wanting to rush you out the door.  I have always felt that way myself.   :sadyup

I'm glad that you have a doctors appointment, and I hope that you can find some answers soon.   :hug

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk