Too profitable to cure?

• 7 Replies

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
Too profitable to cure?
« on: July 01, 2008, 09:18:47 AM »
I was searching for Diabetes resources on the web when I came across a discussion regarding a cure for Diabetes.

It made me wonder too that it's quite possible that Pharm. companies and local quacks have the potential to keep patients hooked in a hope for a cure and even worse; hold back the cure and keeping them taking the treatment.

Come to think of it, I'm starting to doubt when doctors say that the Pancreas is now dead and cannot produce insulin. I wonder how can a dead organ stay within our bodies? Shouldn't it start decomposing like everything else that dies?

If it is not dead then it only needs a stimulant to start insulin production? So we should be taking it instead of the insulin itself. Just makes me wonder why it isn't so? Selling insulin is far more profitable than selling a one-time cure.

Similarly, here in Pakistan you can see a "Cure Ad" almost everyday on local cable networks showing people eating sweets. However on interview their expressions remain emotionless (bad actors?). I mean come on! you'd be grinning from ear to ear when someone has cured your diabetes or even cancer tumors! These quacks have the same theory about the Pharm. companies that I mentioned above.

Upon asking the details of their "Cure", they prescribe you a long and slow treatment which raises many doubts as well!

Who'd you trust?

:dunno
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Too profitable to cure?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 01:00:18 PM »
Hi Sajjid :
i agree with you...
but pharma.companies r not alone.
i heard to someone  that medical stores purchase's the medicine on buy 1 get 1 free basis to relief the people who r suffering and are not able to purchase on their own ... i dont know how much it is true and how  much its false ... i heard but not sure ......

the difference of price between Ferriprox and Ferrinil show's that wat we r discussing abt.....

R&D related to diabetes check this link

http://www.diabetesmine.com/2007/09/lettuce-hope-bu.html   
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 02:28:44 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 02:55:18 PM »

the difference of price between Ferriprox and Ferrinil show's that wat we r discussing abt.....

Hmm...

I wonder what are the prices going on out in the wild as we just give it away for free. Can you let me know what prices the Chemists are charging for both Ferinill and Ferriprox? If the charges are not as per our list then proper action needs to be taken :bat
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 02:57:32 PM »
Sajid,

You bring up a good point about false cures. And there is a real danger involved in false cures and I am not talking about any potential damage that these mostly innocuous "cures" may cause because, for the most part, these things don't present any danger (other than to one's wallet), but rather they often keep patients from pursuing the true, proven treatments that they should.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:19:32 AM »
Come to think of it, I'm starting to doubt when doctors say that the Pancreas is now dead and cannot produce insulin. I wonder how can a dead organ stay within our bodies? Shouldn't it start decomposing like everything else that dies?

If it is not dead then it only needs a stimulant to start insulin production? So we should be taking it instead of the insulin itself. Just makes me wonder why it isn't so? Selling insulin is far more profitable than selling a one-time cure.

Sajid this makes a lot of sense to me.

By the way, i read once that in one of the conferences in Italy that talked about diabitis that they were able in Italy to implant pancreatic cells (hope that i remember correctly) under the skin that are able to produce insulin under the skin, this insulin is enough for the body to function properly without the need of other medicne or insulin injections. The surgery takes 30 minutes and they are implanted near the shoulders.

manal

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 11:46:04 AM »
Hi :
well sajjid when i start's taking Ferriprox in janaury 2007 the price of this 100 per tablet .
then it cutted of ( i dont know why&how ) to 70 per tablet ....
and now i m buying these tablets @ 34 Rs ....
but i want clear a point that is from chemist i m buying these tablets he was selling these pills lowest price at the time and now too he is providing at lowest cost ... prices came low when government take of all dutys to the life saving drug ... and it is considered as a life saving drug .
i want to tell u onething ...chemist to which i bought these tablets @  100 Rs. was taking a profit margin . then i met a patient in lahore he told me to  contact this chemist of welll know drug company who was selling the same pills @ 70 Rs.... i found it is not taking that much profit .
sales person to which i contact's he told me that if u r a patient then i will suply u this other wise NO .... then i sent my Dr''s prescription then he sent  me the pils .. i think he is not taking profit as he told " we r selling this product on now profit no loss basis "......   thnax

umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
    • Islamic Resources
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »
Woah!

What about Ferrinill? I hope it is lower in the market as I know the cost for producing it is a lot lower than what you've posted about Ferriprox ???
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 07:49:42 PM »
yes u told me abt the ferrinil that is why i posted abt the comparison of ferrinil and ferriprox .... when feriprox was 70 RS per tab .it was bcoze of a huge custom duty ... after duty lifted up prices downed to half as 34  ..... wel  i think we have disscused b4 abt it  .. in post in which u mentioned abt the shortage of desferal ...... and also in some personal messages we have b4 this ....

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk