• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
    December 14, 2017, 09:14:06 AM

• Login with username, password and session length

Sajid's dove

Tell everyone they can now find this site by typing this into their browser:

thalpal.com

Click to visit us on Facebook

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please send an email to: andy@thalpal.com
Please do not send questions about thalassemia to this address.

Administrators
Andy
Danielle

Thalassemia Patients and Friends and thalpal Ā© A. Battaglia 2017

54216 Posts in 5703 Topics by 5803 Members
Latest Member: mbalaskas

A message for all  parents who are thals. Keeping your iron load under control is an absolute obligation to your children.
« previous next »
Pages: « 1 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Splenomegaly in Thalassemia, and are Minors also Affected?  (Read 38916 times)
Poornima

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 02:15:03 PM »

Hi Andy:

I have a quick question: I'm a Beta Thal Minor from India and seeing a clinical nutritionist. The nutritionist has suggested I do a coffee enema to get my liver working and getting the toxins out. I have a 8 cm large uterine fibroid and ovarian cysts and also have small intestinal bacterial and fungal overgrowth which causes lots of bloating and gas and tenderness in the abdominal areas.The nutritionist thinks that the coffee enemas used in Gerson cancer therapy stimulate the liver to increase bile flow and toxin dumping accumulated over many many years, jump starting the immune system getting rid of fungi, bacteria, constipation and heavy metals. I also have a sluggish thyroid and extreme dry skin due to it. What is your advice on doing once a week coffee enemas. Apparently I also have a few parasites which can be rid off with the enema as well.

Awaiting your reply. Thanks.

Poornima
Andy
Administrator
Supreme Member

Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 10:38:25 PM »

There is no research to back up the value of coffee enemas, but that may be a result of almost no research having been done about the effects. I can't tell you if it might help, but once a week won't hurt you. I wouldn't suggest more often than that.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.
Pages: « 1 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: