Natural Food Items Containing Vitamin E, Calcium and Vitamin D

• 2 Replies

Offline Life is Beautiful ~

• Writing on behalf of my daughter
Could you please suggest some of the natural food items that contain Vitamin E, Calcium and Vitamin D?
I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

Offline §ãJ¡Ð ساجد

• Beta Thal Major
  • اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
    • Islamic Resources
اَسّلامُ علیکم Peace be Upon you
§ãJ¡Ð ®âµƒ
Web Site

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Natural Food Items Containing Vitamin E, Calcium and Vitamin D
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 03:27:44 PM »
While it is very important to get as many nutrients as you can by using a good diet, some nutrients needed by thalassemics cannot be found in high enough dosage by using diet alone. Vitamin E and folic acid are two that do need supplementation to reach the high levels needed by thalassemics. The absolute best source of vitamin D is daily exposure to sunshine. I have noticed when visiting Asia, that most people wear long sleeves and long pants or dresses. Even though they live in very sunny climates, they do not get enough exposure to sun. A study done in the UAE showed that the majority of women who cover, were deficient in vitamin D. I do believe that with the medical "exemptions" for health conditions in certain religions and cultures, that daily exposure to the sun can be accomplished with short daily exposure to the sun, exposing the face and bare arms ( in a private area if necessary).

Alia, are you still in New Zealand?
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk