Are the Doctors here silly or is it true????

• 1 Replies
Are the Doctors here silly or is it true????
« on: August 12, 2008, 03:03:39 AM »
 Hi. I haven't been at this site for some time now because I got very sick durning my pregnancy. I was put on bed rest for the duration and my computer decided that it was time to stop working. I took your advise and did some research about Thal and discussed what I found with my doc. Guess what? She told me the same things I had already found via internet and even gave me the same site I had found on my own to research. Anyway! They told me that my, now 4 mth old, baby can't be tested for thal until she is 6 mths old because thats when her body will begin producing its own blood instead of having the mixture of both mine and hers. Does this make sense to anyone because it doesn't to me! Just out of curiosity at what age is it best to have my daughter tested? By the way my oldest daughter, who has alpha thal is doing fine.

By the way I have been having a lot of chest and joint pain lately. Should I be worried?

Offline Smurfette

• Me and my Goddaughter
Re: Are the Doctors here silly or is it true????
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:43:46 AM »
Hi thal_pea,

Well to answer your question about what age can babies be tested... Well I was tested when I was 3 months old and that was nearly 40yrs ago... So I dont think that there is an ange difference...

In regards to your chest pain, I wouldnt hesitate not to see a doctor, with joint pain, I am sure that if you ask your doctor to have a X-ray done, I am sure that they wont hesitate to send to you have one done..you should also ask to have a bone density test done as well, to see if you have osteoperosis...Your joint pain could be a number of things..I'd seriously go and see my doctor about the chest pain and the joint pains...

Hope this helps..

Take care

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk