story of my visit

• 83 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: story of my visit
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2009, 01:57:59 PM »
Umair,

Have you revised your meal schedule? This is one of the most important facets of controlling diabetes.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »
Andy ,
yeah  i've revised my schedule and it is like this now :
 11;00AM ( it's the usual time when i take my first meal nothing bfore that only medicines like nigella , Aldectone , and Ferriprox ) ... soo 1st meal at 11:00AM  i have cutted off the a few things to my 1st meal and reduced the meal size  almost to half , after meal a mug of Tea ( bcoze i love drinking tea :P  :coffee ... and then a small tea time at 05:30PM ( only a mug of Tea :grin ) and then Dinner at 09;30PM and after dinner a mug of Tea again :grin :P ... i have made a few changes to my insulin dose ,  increased and changed the ratio as well , its now :
morning Bfore 1st meal :
NPH 34 units   , Regular 22

dinner :
NPH 28  , Regular 20

BSLs r fine now with this schedule, around 100-130 in morning and around 150-200 pr-dinner ..

Best Regards
Umair
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 02:45:43 PM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »
Shouldn't you eat something between meal #1 and #2? this may be a too big gap?

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 12:12:48 PM »
yeah dore, nothing between meal 1 and 2 ... but when i was in murre( hill station  ) i walked alot on the road of murre and u know my BSL struck very badly , iincreased my meal and that was not helping me bcoze my BSL went hypo many times in those days , mayb 3 times a day with my this routine i mentined above, so i aded a few more things to my scehdule and that helped me a lil bit but  probleme wasn't  adressed completely . i think the reason behind this hike of BSL i mentioned abve , is the less walk , i dont walk much here in my city and that is the main reason i think , in murree i walked alot and the result was more hypos with the same dose of insulin aand a lil increased diet as well ... so i increased my diet and addedd another meal in my routine when i was in murree to fix this prob :grin . my schedule was like this , in murree ... 10;00 am insulin and then breakfast (light) After that Tea... 04;00pm (light) lunch  after that Tea .. and then 10;00pm dinner after that Tea ..  bfore and after dinner walk more than a kilometer .... so , it wwas fine , i think there is nothing wrong with insulin dose and anything else only less walk and meal schedule is creating tthse hikes in BSL .. soo i think i have to pay a lil attention to those two things ....

Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2009, 02:39:16 PM »
Umair,

You should be taking some snack in between breakfast and lunch. When using insulin, it is not advisable to have long gaps between eating.
Andy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2009, 04:42:39 PM »
Andy ,
Yeah , i have lots of packas of cookies in my drawer to deal with hypos :P , tasty cookies :P ... when-ever i feel hypo it mean's, its time to take those cookies with a Cup of Tea :P ... and whenever i feel my energy level is going low i use that at that time as well ... but i need those cookiies very rarely when i m at home , and i got hyperglycemic at home...  upto56 units in morning and 48 in evening mean's lots of insulin i would like to cutt off the dose of insulin instead of taking cookies if i get hypo again n again n again   .....  :whew its really hard to cope with diabetes :whew

@ all thalz :
do controle ur Fe bfore it cause diabetes , i mean to say take controle ver Fe bfore Fe harm your pancreas and and u bfore getting diabetic .... A public service message from umair ...

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2009, 05:04:44 PM »
That is a great public service announcement, Umair. Stop the damage before it is too late and you find yourself trying to cope with diabetes.
Andy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2009, 08:35:33 PM »
Andy,
That's exactly wat i wana say ,
Thanx alot for liking that message and explaining that message as well :) .... :thanyou2

Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2009, 10:14:43 PM »
My fellow Pkd friend (the first I met in person) is now 14. She has diabetis. She can not even can bike 10 min to her highschool without getting a hypo. Her family brings and takes her always from school.
She is the one whodoesnt do chelation and gets rarely transfusions. Bcausr of that she lives on very low hgb. I had a nightmare on vacation. I dreamed about the big fear..
So I understand the walking problem.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk