Regarding ASUNRA

• 4 Replies
Regarding ASUNRA
« on: September 09, 2008, 01:33:58 PM »
hi all
mine daughter is getting regular blood transfusion at an interval of 3 weeks her Feiitin level was 1100 wen we started asunra in the month of MAY-JUNE, Now got her Ferritin test in the month of September to get the better results but shocking her Ferritin level touches 3000 Plz suggest us what to do

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Re: Regarding ASUNRA
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »
Hi simran :
i thiink this qoute will help you plz read this and wait for the response from some senior members.... 

Exjade does take a while to take effect. One has to be patient. My son's level keep increasing for 1.5 years while taking exjade. Then, suddenly, it starts to take effect. Came down from 4000 to 2000, to 1800, 1300, 1200 1100, 800 and now 600. He started exjade at 3 and ferritin starts to drop at 4.5 years of age.
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 03:55:18 PM »
Aus has made an important point here and anyone starting Exjade needs to be aware that this does often happen. Ferritin can rise when first using Exjade. When my friend Annie started on Exjade her ferritin continued to rise for over one year and her doctor insisted she be patient and not panic. He told her that Exjade was removing iron from her tissue and organs and don't worry about ferritin levels. And I must point out that iron that is contained in serum ferritin cannot harm you. It is the iron in the tissue that damages the body. Ferritin levels may rise as the iron is redistributed from the tissue and eventually excreted. In Annie's case it took over a year before she saw positive results in her ferritin. Her ferritin had reached a level of over 7000 after one year of Exjade. After a second year of Exjade use, her ferritin levels have dropped to less than half of what they were and continue to drop.

Do NOT panic when you don't see immediate results from Exjade use. It takes time to see results but be assured that it is working. We know many patients here who use Exjade and no other chelators and they are doing well with ferritins below 1000. The main thing is faithful compliance will lead to reduced iron stores in the body but it does take time to see the results in many patients. I would say that this is an indication of tissue iron levels and until the iron stores drop, you will not see a corresponding drop in ferritin levels. Even young patients have these iron stores in their bodies and it will take some time to correct the situation but it will, as long as compliance with chelation is maintained.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline asim_aziz

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 05:56:24 PM »
@andy same is the case with me my Ferritin is rising since i started asunra but my doctor and past experience with exjade told me its normal and don't panic its gonna take time to show results but hopefully it will be worth it :thumbsup
in the race to be the champion there no finish line.

Offline Parin

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 04:46:12 PM »
Dear All,

Can you please post the SGPT test value who are taking the Asunra, whether its increasing or in limit?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk