Sajid Rauf, Brother to Us All

• 101 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Sajid Rauf, Brother to Us All
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2008, 10:02:32 PM »
We won't let Sajid's efforts go to waste.  He was on here until his last days. 
Sharmin

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2008, 11:34:03 PM »
Danielle

My friend,please don't be sorry,you never let us down,not anyone,You had your difficult times and sometimes i really wondered that you must be a very brave person that you never whine like we all do,on the forum.

Sajid was no doubt an angerl,you regret not passing much time with him,and we are not getting over the fact that we are never going to see him online again,we were so used to of his presence here,every thread posted hi always replied.

We definitely miss him,and we'll be happy to see you arund more,but please don't beat yourself.

Zaini.

Thank you, Zaini.  I just feel so bad, and I really feel that by being absent I have let you guys down.  I'm so glad that you all have each other here to be there for one another, and I have checked in to see if you guys were ok, but I should've done more and I will try to from now on.  :hugfriend

Danielle, you took the words right out of my mouth... exactly what i have been feeling the last few days...

most of you like kathy, zaini, umair, sharmin, red and (anyone else whose name is not mentioned here, but very active on this site), may not be familiar with me, but i used to be active in the grp too before. im more of an observer now, i guess like Danielle said im pulling myself away from the grp, which now i hate myself for doing it and missing time gettin to know u wonderful people...

abt a week before sajid passed away, i was talking to him on msn, and he was askin me why im not posting anymore, i dint have an answer then... and he asked me to post more often...

im going to honor his wish from me, Insha Allah, and try to be more frequent here...

im very sorry... lotsa love always... missing sajid and all my bestfriends whom i have lost to this  Cry

As much as I'm hurt about it, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who felt this way.  I guess it makes me realize in a way that we all need to take a break from this illness once in a while, even though we really never get a break from it.  It's hard at times to comprehend that we will always be grieving the loss of one of our friends to this illness, and maybe somewhere in our minds we think that if we don't "see it" that it doesn't exist.  Unfortunately, that isn't the case, and the only thing that we are doing is wasting precious moments of time with the people we care about.  Life can be really cruel, and I hate the fact that no matter what we do to try and live our lives without always thinking about Thalassemia, it always has a way of reminding us that it's there.  :sadyup  :hugfriend

Hi Danielle.

I so glad to read from you, I have been wondering how you're doing.I hope your health is holding up.
At times, in life there are things, that happened and  it cannot be justified, still we are suppose or need to find a way to accept and move on, that is for our own well-being.

If anything Positive that has happened with his death, he seems to me that he has unite our group and make it stronger.I have been amazed, how many of our group members posted in the last few days ,  how wonderful
Keep it up guys.

Kathy

Thank you, Kathy.  My health is holding up, thank God.  I have my good and bad days like anyone else, but I am still fighting.  This illness isn't going to take me without a good fight, I can promise that.  You are right, if anything positive had to come of this, maybe it's to keep us all closer together.  I wish Sajid was still with us, though.  I'm going to miss him being around here.  :(
 :hugfriend

Dear Danielle,

Please don't feel bad - we are happy as long as you are healthy:)  From time to time people need to take a break from everything, especially this disease.  We love you - we have seen you suffer and know how you of all people need to take a breather.  We enjoy your emoticons everyday - Sajid especially loved using them.

Thank you, Sharmin.  I agree that we all need to take a break from this disease sometimes.  I love you guys, too, and that's why I feel so badly about not being here for all of you.  I'm glad that you guys enjoy the emoticons.  I know that it's difficult to convey emotion on a message board, so I wanted to make sure that you guys had a variety.  I will be uploading more of them soon.  :hugfriend

I've missed you all, and even though I've been so inundated with life and school, I will do whatever I can to be more productive on the site with you wonderful people.  God bless you all, and I pray that each and everyone one of you and your families are doing well and continue to be well.  I love you all, and thank you for the kind words.  I really appreciate it.  :grouphug

Sajid, my friend, may you rest in peace and make the heavens laugh the way you have made us all.  I know that your beautiful spirit will be surrounding us, for now you are one of our guardian angels along with our other dear friends who have passed.  Until we meet again, buddy.  :hugfriend :sorrow

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »
Thank you Kathy, Zaini, Sharmin and Umair for your concern and support.  :hugfriend you are real friends :hugfriend :hugfriend

Actually i am never away, i am always online as usual and reading all the posts, i just don't have anything to say. I feel so heavy. I am trying to accept the reality .I have a lot of feelings but, actually  not capable to explain maybe because of language or maybe its my nature that i don't know how to analyse what i feel and reveal it. But what i know is that i was never like that before.

Now a days i am soooo sad and unable to be happy or make anyody around me happy. I hope i can get out of this soon. I love you all soooo much and i love this site so much.

Danielle, i missed you a lot :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2008, 01:19:30 AM »
Manal,

I'm glad to know that you are close by.   :hugfriend
I don't know how to make this emptiness go away either :sorrow :sorrow
ironically, Sajid was the one who would have known what to do...

It's nice to here from you all, no one outside of this site can really understand my sadness.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline jade

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2008, 02:28:36 AM »
Sajid was such a wonderful person.  He was very caring and always helped those in distress or in want for answers.  He will be enormously missed by each one of us.  It is truly unbelievable that we will not see his witty and caring posts anymore.  He gave so much.  I understand how shocked his mother and his sister would be. How much we are missing him when we meet him online only because he gave us so much, now just imagine how much joy he gave his loved ones.  It must be an unbearable loss to them.  I sympathise with them. We must join our prayers to those of his family.  May Sajid rest in peace and may he get the highest rank in paradise indeed.  I am very happy to have known him through this group even though it is only for a while. I wish that he would have been among us for much longer but unfortunately he was taken away. I would always remember him in his green outfit.  I know that your grief is enormous Umair but you must believe that you were lucky to have known him. He would really want you to continue with your treatment and to continue posting here.  We may never replace him but we can certainly bring you a little comfort and if possible some advice.  You do not share this with your family, we understand but then you should talk to us.  No one should grieve alone.  We need each other in such times.  We also need you.

Sajid will always be remembered for his kind words and wonderful advices.

It is such a big loss.  I never thought that I would see such bad news today.

My condolences to all family and friends.

Jade

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2008, 05:39:06 AM »
Jade and All ,
i will try to spread Sajid's teaching , and i will try to keep his spirit alive  ... but ..... i want to mention here something .. that is , he was far superior than me , i cant even move myself on the track he was runing so fast ...  he was my teacher my brother my super best friend and a helping hand for me as well ...  soo i cant even touch the mark on which he was standing ... i will try to help everyone but cant be a replacement of sajid ...  all wat can i do is to try ... as you can see i m geting back on normal having chelation again after a little break .... i hope to get my self completely back soon ... i will try to move forward with his cause and i will try to do wat he want to do and wat he did ... wish me for having success in it .... and please keep guiding me as well ...
i couldn't be same like Sajid ....  i m just obeying his teachings to handle Thalassemia ...

I would always remember him in his green outfit.  I know that your grief is enormous Umair but you must believe that you were lucky to have known him
yeah i m lucky that i had a bro and a friend like sajid .. but now feeling a lttle unlucky bcoze of not having Sajid with me ..... feeling lucky to have his encouraging words with me , but feeling unlucky to know that he is not with me to support anymore ....
but its life we are unable to do anything .... we all have to go one day .. but what we can do is , to give a better chance to others to live a good life .. wat said wanted , and wat he was doing pretty well .... i need support from all of you , otherwise i will feel his absence of him andd his support .. soo plz keep moving with sajid's cause .. keep his words ,spirit, dream and aim alive ... and keep helping each other ..... i will try to help you where-ever i feel , i can i help ... he was super in doing it , and i can only try .....  i need your support to heal and to back on helping again ..... so please keep supporting and encouraging, it is wat he was doing for me ... your encouagement mean's alot for me , to psuh me forward to achieving something , to help anyone ...

@ Danielle

Life can be really cruel, and I hate the fact that no matter what we do to try and live our lives without always thinking about Thalassemia, it always has a way of reminding us that it's there
It's Life , and we have to live it , it doesn't matter that we want to live it or not .. we cant through it ... keep remember Sajid's words that he said several times ,
Life is a Gift of GOD , we have to do care of it

soo do care of your self .. Everything is O.K now .. dont feel bad .. we all have to seperate some time for our selves , several times in the life .. nothing wrong/bad or new you did ... its quite natural and demanding as well otherwise we could face tiredness bcoze of our busy routines ... soo its good to have some seperate time for your self to take care of your self as welll .... wish you good health  ... take care
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Best regards
Take Care
Umair
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:16:35 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2008, 06:29:18 AM »
@ Manal Sis ,
Hi sis , i knew that , you are visiting the site regularly but i wanted to see you posting here on the site ... it was difficult for me as well  to cope with situation like this and to handle this situation and to recover the self but. .. we have to do this .. otherwise his dream to serve people to ease the pain of other peoples who are suffering to this diseas  will remain half doned ..... soo please have some courage and come back again .. its impossible to make it normal again as it was .. but wat we can is to try..  we have to try our best ...  to achieve the goals  Sajid setted to achieve ..... please come forward to make this site effective again .... it seems imposible but we have to try at-least once to do make this  possible ..... you can't imagine how alone i m feeling .. but i know that our absences will make this harder to the thals who r using this site and getting usefull information , encouragement and motivation as .... soo please try to make things smooth again , which seems impossible ......
Best regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2008, 06:59:29 AM »
Danielle, i missed you a lot

Aww. I've missed you a lot, too, Manal.  :hugfriend

@ Danielle
It's Life , and we have to live it , it doesn't matter that we want to live it or not .. we cant through it ... keep remember Sajid's words that he said several times ,
Life is a Gift of GOD , we have to do care of it
soo do care of your self .. Everything is O.K now .. dont feel bad .. we all have to seperate some time for our selves , several times in the life .. nothing wrong/bad or new you did ... its quite natural and demanding as well otherwise we could face tiredness bcoze of our busy routines ... soo its good to have some seperate time for your self to take care of your self as welll .... wish you good health  ... take care

Thank you, Umair.  I know we have no choice but to live with what we were given, and I try to make the best of it, but all of us get frustrated with it now and then.  Especially when we have to go on living without the people we care about.  :(

You are right, we definitely need to separate time for ourselves, and I guess that's just what I needed to do.  I still feel bad, though.  Thank you for your kind words, and I wish you good health as well.   :hugfriend

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2008, 10:28:01 PM »
When I made Sajid a global moderator of this group, I hoped he would be able to take some of the load off the shoulders of the administrators. This group has grown so large and so active, that it does become overwhelming to keep up. Sajid not only fulfilled what I asked of him, but also went far beyond my expectations. Reading everyone's postings has made me even more aware of his many contributions. Sajid didn't blow his own horn. He did his work happily and willingly and never felt this group to be any burden, no matter how much it entailed. When Sharmin said "imagine what Andy is going through" she was very right. Sajid was my buddy, my assistant and my protege. Not only do I miss him as my friend, I miss what he brought to this group and what he did for so many members. He cannot be replaced, so we all have to pitch in and do our part.

With that said, I would like to welcome Sharmin as a new global moderator for our group. Her presence has helped greatly in this past week and I thank her immensely.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Kathy11

Re: Congratulations Sharmin Sis ..
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2008, 11:10:51 PM »
 :congrats :congrats :congrats :congrats

To Sharmin.
 Make Sajid Proud I know he is watching over us all.
With love from Kathy.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:16:50 AM by Danielle »

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2008, 02:29:48 AM »
My dear friends, thank you for the encouragement I love you all so much  :grouphug

I am glad to play a role in continuing Sajid's work and fulfilling his dream of helping thalassemia patients all over the
world.  Sajid is an angel - and his calm, collected words can never be replaced.  Ten of me could not fill his shoes - but with all of your love and support - and Sajid's dove reminding me of him everyday I will do the best I can.

This is the first time I have had my heart broken because of this disease.  It is the first time that I have been close to someone, admired them and cared for them only to lose them so suddenly.  Like many of you, I am crushed and in absolute denial that this is happening.  It is killing me to go on knowing that Sajid is not around.  That is when I think of the people who have lost family members or those who have repeatedly lost friends to thalassemia.  What courage it takes to keep going, to keep chelating and taking care or yourself after enduring such a loss. 

Dearest Sajid, please watch over us and please be with me so that I can do justice to what you did so well.  Please also be patient as we wipe our tears - because they keep coming.

Please keep posting my friends - we need to do this for Sajid, he worked very hard for this.  Please do this also for Andy who is interrupting his life by going to Singapore to gather more information for us.  I also need you all  :hugfriend :hugfriend

Love,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline KHALIFA

• ONE FOR ALL AND ALL FOR ONE
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2008, 03:22:36 AM »
                             inna liLLAHI wa inna ilaihi raj'ioon
RED_PILOT

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Re: Congratulations Sharmin Sis ..
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2008, 11:08:40 AM »
Congrats Sharmin, :hugfriend

It was well deserved :) I am happy for you,and i don't know why ,but my heart felt a little lighter today.I am here always if you need any help.

LOVE,

Zaini.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 09:17:02 AM by Danielle »
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2008, 02:59:19 PM »
It has been two weeks now.  Still hard to accept your absence. 
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 10:56:40 PM »
i dont think that Sajid's memories could be even fade in two year ... two weeks is a realy short time  but i still feel that its a long time i chatted to him .... oh sajid your memories still makes me cry ..... i cant forget your memories ...

UMAIR

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk