In Memory of Sajid

• 17 Replies

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
In Memory of Sajid
« on: September 23, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
Dearest Sajid,

I am sad because I have lost a good friend, I am sad because the world has lost one of its kindest and brightest people.
I am sad because we watched you suffer, and then we watched you die.  

I feel miserable because despite how much I wanted to there was nothing I could do.  I am sad because you are irreplaceable in our hearts and on this website.  I love you like a little brother, and I won't have the opportunity to tell you that because you are gone.  I would tell you to take care of yourself, but silly me - shouldn't I have known?  How?? how could you take care of yourself?  The help you needed was not available to you.  Andy tried desperately to save your life and to encourage others to do so, but in the end nothing was enough.  

Andy, although I cannot replace Sajid I am 100% with you in continuing your dream to help others.  I will commit as much time and effort as I can to this cause.  I will try to welcome newcomers and help them as Sajid would have.  I know that everyone else here will do the same.  

I would also like to encourage everyone to join me in making a donation in Sajid Rauf's name.  Whatever anyone can afford.  We couldn't save him, but in his name I hope we can change the outlook for others.

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: In Memory of Sajid
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »
I totally agree .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 11:43:24 PM »
I Agree ... and hope that you will meet to success in what you're aiming for ... my wishes and prayers are with you .. wishing you best of lluck .... Sajid, he left us alone here to suffer and to feel loneliness ... to live with his memories ... he had suffered more than our thoughts .... it feel very bad when you  wake-up in early morning prepare your self to go for Tx and when you reach the thal center you come to know that they cant Tx you bcoze of blood shortage ... he has suffered to this situation several times for only one Tx ....  i feel he will be feeling relaxed  and free of tension and will b enoying himself in PARADISE .... i think he is sleeping bcoze he hadn't a good sound sleep freely since last 1 and half year bcoze of chelation every night ...... May GOD showers all his blessings upon Sajid's soul and rest his soul in peace ( Ameen )....

UMAIR
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 02:33:29 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 12:46:05 AM »
Thank you Zaini and Umair,

Anyone wanting to join in this cause can check the main thalassemia patients and friends page for information on how to make a donation. 

Hopefully we can make a difference. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 02:16:03 PM »
.. he had suffered more than our thoughts .... it feel very bad when you  wake-up in early morning prepare your self to go for Tx and when you reach the thal center you come to know that they cant Tx you bcoze of blood shortage ... he has suffered to this situation several times for only one Tx ....  i feel he will be feeling relaxed  and free of tension and will b enoying himself in PARADISE .... i think he is sleeping bcoze he hadn't a good sound sleep freely since last 1 and half year bcoze of chelation every night .....

It hurts !!

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »
We have gone through so much shock this week and we are missing Sajid so much.  I know that we are all feeling the need to do something to honor someone who meant so much to us.  I have been trying desperately to think of someway to honor him and someway to say goodbye.  It has been very hard to let go.  This seemed like one way - I'm sure everyone has there own way of dealing with the loss.  My prayers are with you all.  Just don't lose your faith - and don't forget what Sajid was always trying to do.  Never give up on a better life!!
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 03:13:47 AM »
It hurts !!

Zaini.

wat do you say sis , should i have to remove this words from my post , if you feel that  then please let me know , i will do this without hesitation .. i know it hurts , but it is the truth and its wat i felt ....
dont  hesitate just tell me and i will remove it from my post ..... i  mean't to hurt anyone ...

take care
umair
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:11:45 AM by nice friend »
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:18 AM »

Sajid, you'll will always be in our hearts..... We will be missing you. May you rest in peace.  :sorrow :sorrow
 :ty thank you for the times you shared yourself to pple like me..........

Does anyone knows how young Sajid when he was taken by our ALMIGHTY GOD?
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Zaini

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 02:18:45 PM »
No Umair,

I never said that anything you said hurts,it's just the bitter facts that you told us about him,that hurts that he had to suffer that much,that he couldn't sleep well,and that he had to face problems with blood availability.

This is what hurts,nothing that you said.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 02:49:21 PM »
Dear Lyanne,

Sajid was 27 years old when he was taken from us.

I thought that I had finished crying - but the tears keep coming.

It hurts to know that Sajid was hurting. 

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 02:57:10 PM »
Sis ,
these are the fact almost every thal has to face many times in his/her life ...  i  m just pointing these bitter facts out soo people who r not interested to donate blood try to start thinking about  it..  secondly i want to say about chelation in night , its not that we can't sleep if we are chelating with pump , we can sleep but that sleep isn't the deep soundy sleep that normaly we had  ... you will woke up several times handle infusion system , ther will remain a thought in your mind that you have to change the position of your infusion system when you're going to change the side , even while you're sleeping .. soo , you could sleep but not like that freely ... your are regular with chelation or not , its a hard truth that thals have to face more dificulties in both ways .... stoping chelation will create complications and having chelation is a little dificult process .... i dont kow i have to share facts like these or not but its a hard truth ........

UMAIR

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 03:20:28 PM »
Umair,

I have heard about shortage or unavailability of blood so many times,i can understand how frustrating it can be,although fortunately ,thatnks to God,we never faced any such problem.
I wish i can donate blood,but my hb being on the lower side always,my blood is not useful.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 03:30:23 PM »
Sis ,
sajid mentioned about it in his many posts  ,, he mentioned several time about the delay of his Tx .. he told several time that his Tx has been post poned bcoze of shortage of blood ... its a little dis-hearting reality of life ...

sajid , i m feeling that my brain is getting exhausted without you ...

UMAIR
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 06:03:32 AM by nice friend »

===========
Umair

Offline Lyanne

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 06:26:26 AM »

Hi! Sharmin, thanx for answering my question, anyway, he was younger than me, all along I thought he was older, he sounded mature and knows a lot in the field of thalassemia. He was same age as my younger brother if they were both still alive today. My brother died really young too. :wah :wah

We also have a shortage of blood here in our country...... It's been difficult to buy blood ever since our government had to close private blood banks and depend on Red Cross.... now that's also one of the dilemma of thal patients here aside from expensive medicines (Desferal and Exjade)
LYANNE :yahoo

Offline Zaini

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 11:31:27 AM »
Oh I am really Sorry about your brother Lyanne,and do you have to wait for transfusion till the blood is available or they somehow arrange it for you on you schedualed appointment,I don't know about the statistics of thal patients in your country,but can't all thals start a campaign for that,why were private blood banks closed in the first place?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk