Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him

• 382 Replies

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Just wondering how Umair is doing and if anyone has heard from him
« Reply #360 on: November 07, 2009, 07:01:54 PM »
Umair,

The good thing is you know you are doing wrong,so correct it ok? May tumhain daant bhi sakti hun samjhay,i am like your big sis  :waiting banday day puttar ban jao , :mom .

Joking aside,you have come a long way Umair,you have done hard work,don't let it go to waste plz.I hope you understand that we care for you,and if you are in pain,its painful for us too,so take care of yourself,for us and for your parents.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »
Umair,

Like I said, you need to be looking to your future now. Ignoring your health won't help anything. You need to realize that lowering your ferritin was only half the battle. You can't possibly believe you have eliminated your organ iron, also. You haven't and your compliance has to be complete. I want to mention something we heard more about in NYC. Doctors are seeing some reversals in the pancreas with iron removal. Patients become more insulin tolerant when they get the iron cleaned out. It's a good goal and will eventually help relieve the frustration you have in trying to control your diabetes. I also have to add that you should really get more compliant with your meal schedule. 5 small meals are recommended daily when using insulin and for good reason. Taking insulin without having regular meals will lead to sugar imbalance. You can't wait a long time between meals.

I realize that there is also a psychological issue at work here. You have grown up with the thinking that your life will be short. Now you know that does not need to be the case and it is a major psychological adjustment. Buddy, we're here to help you manage so come to us with your thoughts and feelings. We want to see you enjoy a good life, so don't worry about burdening us with your thoughts and problems. Umair, I can only imagine what one has to go through when this realization takes place. In may ways it is a real challenge to everything you ever thought, and just seeing that the future can be different won't make it different. This change has to take place within you and it won't be immediate. You have to believe that it will and make it happen. It's time for you to stand up to yourself and demand that you do everything you can to fully comply with your treatment and to become an adult with a real life. Give yourself a real chance at life. Your future really is up to you. Your own determination will be the key factor.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
Hi  ya  Andy & Zaini ,
acutly, i m having flu now a days, and yesterday it was a lil worsen..  my body  was aching and thats why i refused to travel ,  i wanted to got  but i refused thats for wat i said "i dont know why i refused"  bcoze i wasn't sure in my mind abt it, that why i m refusing if i want's to go to visit ... i refused bcoze we had another plan of going again to lahore lahore on this monday as well, so i decided to rest at home at friday and go for check-up on monday ....  .. dont worry  everything is OK here with me  ... and thanx for your concerns and support and encouraging Posts .. i m not gonna ignore my health , and there's  no way to step back to treatments , especially on this stage , never ... its a Blessing of God that i m coming back towards life , i know it will b thanklessness if i refused treatments or ignore my health ...

Thanx alot , Andy & Zain , for your kind words, enouragement and support , you people will find me always up in fighting for myself n my health ... a few ups n downs r the part of life , so dont worry i will stand up again and dust off my shoulders everytime  i feel down ..

We want to see you enjoy a good life, so don't worry about burdening us with your thoughts and problems.
Dont worry , Andy ... i will keep eating your brain :grin i m not gonna suffer alone lolzz  :rotfl ...

@ Zaini Sis,
May tumhain daant bhi sakti hun samjhay, i am like your big sis
u r always welcome sis , i always would like of being correct ... it sound's me very cool when someone correct's me ...   i would like it everytime  ... jab koe dant ta hai tau bara maza ata hai  kay aahhh aaj  kuch naya howa hai aaj mujhey dant pari hai lolzzz coze dant bhi kabhiiiiiiii kabhar he tau parti hai  ,, yeh scene kuch aisa hota hai " tired of boring routine chalo kuch naya kartay hain , laikin kya ?? chalo aaj dant khatay hein " :rotfl ... :grin ... ok sis mein hamesha apna khyaal rakhounga :) " ...
BTW, i like the line u wrote in punjabi , its very common n famous line here :) :grin ...

Umair :)
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »
Umair, I got plenty of brain so eat away.  :food
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Lena

« Reply #364 on: November 08, 2009, 06:43:16 AM »
 I totally agree, Umair, with Zaini and Andy. And what Andy said about reversals in the pancreas after iron removal is true. Our doctor has been working on that and I have seen some of my fellow patients reverse their insulin tolerance and correct their glucose tolerance test. That's true. Also we do not lower our chelation efforts, because apart from liver and heart there are some other organs to be treated, too: pancreas and gland and furthermore skin and bones. Our whole body is deep into iron. That's why we never abort  chelation, we never leave it aside.

As to psychological issues, well, we have talked a lot about that in another topic. Andy talked about the turning point in our beliefs about life expectancies.If you allow me, who is more eligible to talk about that than me-because of my age? I never ever believed I would reach this age. Really. Had the desferal not come into my life in 1976, I would have been long dead and not sitting now in front of my laptop talking to you. When I started to use desferal my ferritin had reached 8000 and if desferal was to be  one year late, well, I would have been long gone. That's the whole truth and we are not to fear words. However, I am here now and look ahead and I really believe that there is every chance for me to stay alive as any other healthy man or woman. Of course, I work on it. That's what I want to stress out for everyone of you, that's what I want to conclude in: that if you work hard, you'll be repaid. And your payment will be your life---is there a better gift than that?

Lena.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 04:56:47 PM by Lena »

Offline Zaini

« Reply #365 on: November 08, 2009, 02:08:58 PM »
Lena :hugfriend ,

I wish i would be able to meet you one day,I'd love Lil Z to meet you,so that she can understand that nothing can stop someone but themselves .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #366 on: November 08, 2009, 03:33:12 PM »
@ Lena ,
i completely agree to all wat u has said .. i will comply with my treatment as i did in past , and yeah, there is nothing more preciious and more beutiful than life, life is the better than the best gift ...  well , i never thought like that i will not gonna live longer, or my life will b short , or anyything else like this , life expectancy never were in my books of thoughts/questions ( :grin ) i always believed that everyone has to live his life till the time comes up , and thats wat i have said many times in my previous posts , the causes of tiredness  are some other/various other reasons , but it doesn't mean that i will give-up :grin ,  i will keep :happydance , :rotfl , :wink , :party , :love , :teehee , :yay , :laugh , :crackup , :veil , :yahoo , :clapcheerboy and ofcourse Andy i will keep :food doing this too, all the time in all my life :grin ...
aall i need is encouragement from u,  as you encouraged me everytime in past and this time too ...  i know u people r alway there for me and this is a relief for me, u people are source of courage for me, thats why when-ever i found that i m feeling down i comes to here to share that all to u , bcoze i know that u people can solve that puzzling probleme  for me  ... so , keep encouraging and  i like your posts bcoze your posts always contains very much to get courage n strength to stand up again, u r a big source of inspiration for me .. believe me , i m saying it by heart when-ever i see a person with a good controle on Fe and living a normal life, that is for wat i m working hard  ..  woops , another long post :grin .... c ya take care :grin

Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Lena

« Reply #367 on: November 08, 2009, 04:58:59 PM »

Zaini,

I would love to meet you and Lil Z, too. She is in my heart and -I haven't mentioned that till now- I love her photo.

Umair,

I am really happy to see you willing to struggle for yourself. That's the spirit!

Lena.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #368 on: November 08, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
Thanks Lena :hugfriend

Umair,

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #369 on: November 09, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »
@ Lena
 :)

@ Zaini
 :grin  i will try my best :grin .....

-------------
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #370 on: November 10, 2009, 05:21:08 AM »
  :grouphug

Offline Dori

« Reply #371 on: November 16, 2009, 11:07:13 AM »
Nice post Umair. I am still on board.  :hugfriend

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #372 on: November 20, 2009, 01:55:55 PM »
Thanx Ya Dore .... :thankyou2 ...
i hope n wish that you're doing fine ... :)

Take CAre
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #373 on: December 29, 2009, 10:05:55 AM »
How is Umair doing lately?

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #374 on: December 31, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
Dodo ,
hi ya , thanx for asking Dore , m doing fie Thanx :) ... hope that you're doing fine too and enjoying ur life .. :) ....

umair

===========
Umair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk