Find blood donors in India.

• 3 Replies

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
Find blood donors in India.
« on: October 13, 2008, 06:41:15 PM »
Hello,

Patients who find it difficult to get blood during shortage or during emergency, can now log on to www.indianblooddonors.com.

Just follow the instructions and you'll be provided with the contact details of the donor. But use only when there's an emergency.

\peace/
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Find blood donors in India.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:20:19 PM »
Sahil,

This is great - you are a wealth of information. 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 02:55:18 AM »
Hi Sharmin,

I just want to share the information with all out here. I want to help thals in whatever way I can. I want to do so much for thals in my hospital, but then at the same time I feel so helpless and I question myself, what the hell can I do?

I and other thal friend of mine do whatever little we can do for the thals in our hospital. But then we lack sources. And it kills when I see patients who take half the dose of kelfer as they cannot afford the treatment.

One of my thal friend is getting Exjade free of cost, thanks to Dr.Merchant. At the moment we are giving kelfers and blood sets to the patients. But we haven't promised that we'll be able to give them every month.

\peace/
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 03:26:47 AM »
Sahil,

It is amazing what you are doing already.   It is great to see thal patients - who have so much to deal with themselves - going out of their way to help others.  I hope that I can instill this drive to help others in my son as well. 

I understand your frustration, about seeing people suffer from a treatable disease and not be able to do anything.  I heard of a woman who had difficulty meeting the cost of desferal - and she has two thal major children.  While they were growing up she would give desferal to one child one week and the other the following week.  Both of the children have suffered many problems. 

Keep up the work that you are doing.  Your community is very lucky to have Dr. Merchant.

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk