Back from the doctor

• 4 Replies
Back from the doctor
« on: October 14, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
Well i'm back from the doctor,she gave me some papers,after reading them i said these are about depression i'm not depressed ! i'm tired i  have headaches I feel miserable BUT i'm not suicidal and i'm not depressed:is this normal that they ask stuff like this?
She also gave me some numbers i dont know what they mean maybe u guys know.

HEMOGLOBINE 7.7
MCW 64
FERITENE 39
HBA2   5%
HBF   0,5%

Thats all i know they took more blood samples and i have to go for an mri and an echo from my kidneys
Oh and she said i'm B tal  minor so nothing to worry they're just carriers.
I said to her i was already told that doctors dont take tal patients serious,but that i would search for info myself if they didn't give it to me.

Maria

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Back from the doctor
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 04:07:54 PM »
Maria,

I am sorry i don't much know about other numbers,but your hb level 7.7 is VERY LOW.Andy will be able to advise you properly but do you take folic acid ?if not please start taking it daily and regularly.
I can imagin how you must be feeling,my hb when goes below 10 i feel like shit,yours is VERY LOW.You can start taking Wheat grass,it will definitely improve your energy levels,and why don't you try carao,please check this thread to know more about carao,

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1259.0

Lloyd Standish who can deliever you carao,told us that it works wonders for thal minors.I wish i was of bit more help.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 04:24:44 PM »
Maria,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with the doctor.  Your hemoglobin is very low!  My hemoglobin hovers between 104 - 120.  I cannot imagine how miserable you must feel.  How is your blood pressure?  Make sure that you are well hydrated and that you eat every two hours.  Thal trait is not a big deal if you have a good hg, but in your case it is definitely contributing to how you feel.  What is your usual hg level?  If this is a lot lower maybe they can investigate whether you are losing blood. 

I think that it is a good idea for you to take supplements, just make sure that there aren't any contraindications with your blood thinner medications.  Are you having routine blood tests to measure your platelets and INR levels? In that case they may ask you to refrain from having certain green vegetables.  Did they say anything about your blood vessel problem?  I think that taking vitamin C will help you too. 

Best of luck Maria,

Let us know if we can help you with anything else,

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 01:26:25 AM »
Hi Maria,

Thanks for the reminder. There have been so many posts lately that I can't find the ones that need responding.

Your Hb is very low for a thal minor, but this may be due to the blood thinner, as are the bruises. I doubt thalassemia is responsible for all the problems but it is probably a contributing factor, and smoking most definitely does more harm. I think because you are on a blood thinner that we can't tell much from your tests other than it does indicate thal minor, and the further tests that have been recommended may shed a lot more light on what is wrong and why you have an aneurysm. I don't think you will find any answers without the tests.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 03:55:12 AM »
Maria,

I hope that things are going well for you.  How are your tests going?

Sharmin
Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk