Re: Hi
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 06:01:43 PM »
Good Luck Shy  :goodluck

Zaini.

^*^Xaini^*^

Offline sarah

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »
yeah more awareness is needed ..n i must add that for BMT more donors r needed esspecially in our asian community ..i dnt know wt is the reason y v asians r so scared to donate our bone marrow n dis is the reason y children having thallassaemia suffer all their life ...life n death is in God hand but being a human being v r here with sm responsibility .....here in England mostly hoo have thallassaemia have their BMT done by their relatives n if they r not lucky enuf they have to zhave bloof transfusions like forever...so much effort is needed to encourage ppl abt BMT n the donation so that more lifes can be saved from this life time illness...

Kathy11

« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 11:28:08 PM »
Hi Shy,
It is admirable how you are trying to do something to assist  thal sufferers.I commend you for you tenacity.

Having said that I would like to point out that we already  have thal sufferers dying, due to the lack of facilities Eg:  drugs ,  needles .blood, ect,ect,

Would it be better for us all, if we can give support to those already existing recipients instead of giving fund to large coporations .
Why not? enhance the life of the living instead of giving money to all the fat cats.

Money given to all ready rich scientist get lost in translations, I personally think, it doesnt assist thal directly.
Indirectly maybe in years to come.

Why not help in any way we can, to fix the immediate social problem that thal sufferers is facing now.

The above is my personal view I might be wrong ,still I would give to individual in needs, it make better sense to me.

Like Andy he sometimes  assist thal patients on personal basis as per thier needs   I think he need the support in order to continue  giving  this type assistance.

W

Kathy11

« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 11:35:24 PM »
hey Zaini.

If I try hard enough I can be serious :wink :wink'

Thank-you very much  I pride myself of being a clown :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Kathy

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 11:43:51 PM »
Yeeeeaaaahhhh Kathy  :clapcheerboy :clapcheerboy
Good to have you back - the wisdom and the clown - we love it all!

I agree, I think that along with the larger organizations it is important to take care of those who don't have access to the essentials in thalassemia.  Andy does some great things for these people so please consider sending needles, exjade, desferal, funds to thalpal so that Andy can continue to help the people who need it most.

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2008, 12:20:04 AM »
Good luck Shy :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Me too i have to finish the email i am assigned to do but for certain personal reasons i am late for this but i will definetly soon

manal

Offline Maako

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2008, 01:29:11 AM »
Hi Kathy, i completely agree with you...

Infact, i think what Manal and everyone is try to do by getting people like Bill Gates, Oprah to become aware of thalassemia and donate funds to research makes more sense...

My personal opinion is if we want funds to be donated to research and scientitists, do everything we can to get someone like that to donate it for thalassemia research.. but with the money we raise ourselves, i too think its better to give to thals in need to make thier lives more bearable, give them better care and provide means to a better quality of life..

Maako

Offline shy

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2008, 04:25:08 PM »
Hi ALL,

So far i have written to the BBC again for a response and will keep writing to them until i hear something.

I have also written a letter today to two out of five dragons from the show dragons den.

Theo Pathitis and James Caan, seeing that they are both of aisn & maybe greek background, they might be able to help or atleast help and respond.  Also in the process of maybe early next year to do a dinner and dance function to raise funds and get NHS involved for people to have their blood tested to get people aware of this problem.  Keep you posted

Shy

Offline shy

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2008, 04:26:07 PM »
Good Luck Shy  :goodluck

Zaini.

thankyou - will keep you posted - keep reading

Offline sarah

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 10:33:21 PM »
hii im sure inshallah BBC will give u a good responce.ur intention is wat all that matters to be honest ...i wish u all the best n please dnt hesitate for any help or support.

Offline shy

« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 02:48:30 PM »
Hi All,

Recent update - i am meeting a contact tomorrow about all this and getting some good feedback.

We will be advertising in the newspaper and hopefully getting this on TV - hopefully through BBC

Will update after tomorrow

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 03:52:46 PM »
That is great to hear Shy!  Wow, you have accomplished a lot! 

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 05:38:55 PM »
 :thumbs :thumbs

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 08:41:25 PM »
 :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck
 :goodluck WAY TO GO SHY !! :goodluck
 :thumbsup :goodluck :thumbsup :goodluck :thumbsup :goodluck :thumbsup

BEST REGARDS
TAKE CARE
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 12:35:50 AM »
We all support you Shy, keep it up & best of luck

manal

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk