Potential cures

• 17 Replies

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
Re: Potential cures
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2008, 12:51:36 PM »
Concerning the Hemaquest, what i know from Dr. Suzan is that they are supposed to begin by the end of this year in Lebonan on adults but till now they haven't started yet.

manal

Offline Life is Beautiful ~

• Writing on behalf of my daughter
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 05:07:49 PM »
Dear Andy,

We would be eagerly waiting for your notes and messages once you are back from the conference in Singapore.

The Singapore conference is October 8-11, 2008. Our thread about it is at
 http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1480.msg12086#msg12086

Early registration fee prices have been extended through the middle of August.

The link wth the TIF sponsorship form is at http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1902.msg16003#msg16003

All forms must be submitted to TIF by July 31 to be considered. Download the form, fill it out and have it signed by the president of your national or local thalassemia association, if you have one, and email or fax it to TIF before July 31.

I want to see a definitive cure of Thalassaemia in my lifetime. May God bless all of us.

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
At the conference in Singapore they talked about the French case and said it was somewhat disappointing because the patient was only able to go 60 days without transfusions. However, when I spoke to Bob Ficarra from CAF, he told me this wasn't accurate and that the patient was doing better than that. In addition, he told me that another patient who was intermedia was up to 120 days without taking blood and his body was producing more blood as time went by. Of course, things are very early but it does give hope that this process will be perfected as time passes.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk