Announcing the Introduction of Osveral® (Deferasirox) in Iran

• 23 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Announcing the Introduction of Osveral® (Deferasirox) in Iran
« on: November 02, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »
It was my pleasure to meet Meysam Seyyedifar of OSVAH Pharmaceutical Company at the Singapore conference. On their behalf, I would like to announce their new version of Deferasirox, Osveral® to our group. Osveral® is the equivalent of Exjade and has gone through physicochemical tests and shows equality with Exjade. (Once a drug is introduced, generic equivalents do not have to undergo the same testing on patients as the original drug, but rather, chemical equality is shown. Patients can expect the same results once chemical equality has been proven). Osveral is an oral chelator and is taken in the same dosages as Exjade in the same manner.

This is very good news for patients in Iran and elsewhere, as it offers a new opportunity to thalassemia clinics throughout the region, as the makers of Osveral are very willing to offer their lower priced alternative to Exjade for export to other countries. Medical providers interested in learning more about providing Osveral to their patients should contact the company.

·   OSVAH Pharmaceutical Company
·   +982188561269
·   www.osvahpharma.com
 For more information see the attached file. Efficacy and safety of Osveral® (Deferasirox) in Iranian Thalassemic Patients with transfusional iron overload.

Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Announcing the Introduction of Osveral® (Deferasirox) in Iran
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 11:11:30 AM »
It's good to see local companies trying to help patients and in a way competing with multi nationals,i wish i could say the same for my country,Andy any idea about the price,website has no information about it.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 11:59:44 AM »
Congratulations, i am happy that new brands are coming so it can reach everyone.
As for the price, i emailed them Zaini and will update you when i receive a reply

manal
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 12:11:59 PM by Manal »

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 03:19:34 PM »
The pricing will be competitive with Asunra.

The price of Exjade [Asunra] in India & Pakistan is about 10$ for each gram & the price of Desirox (cipla's Defrerasirox) is about 2-3 $ for each gram, Osveral's price is much less than Exjade price in Middle East (Exjade price is more than 30$ per gram).

We can provide it with 4-8 $ per gram, of course this range will be affected by order amount, registration fees & etc.
Andy

Offline Zaini

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 04:10:53 PM »
Thanks Andy, For the information,i am still waiting for my daughter's ferritin to go below 1000,then i will start Deferasirox,currently it's 1259 ng/dl.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 09:18:31 PM »
WOW .. its a COOOOL Update/NEWS .... Thanx Andy For The Update/NEWS..... :ty :thankyou
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 01:51:17 PM »
Andy,

Are they also making generic desferal? I heard there is this Iranian desferal available in the market,made by an iranian company.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 03:50:02 PM »
Zaini,

I will try to find out if desferal can be exported from Iran to Pakistan.
Andy

Offline Zaini

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 06:25:34 PM »
A big thanks Andy,

A friend of my husband told him that it might be available in the market in a few days,he wasn't sure though,i didn't know that iranian pharmaceutical companies were making desferal.
Getting Novartis's desferal is becoming a bit hard,it's not easily available,don't know why. ???

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 07:57:37 PM »
Hi Zaini ,
Iranian Desferal , i think these r the desferal of Novartis, Iran. and its smugled from Iran, to Pakistan , these are cheap in price and available in the markets to a long time .. i heard abt these desferal desferal a long time ago ... i heard that these desferal doesn't work well bcoze these are smugled and dont handled with the care and dont followed the storage related instruction during the smugling thats why many desferal expired due to heat and other reasons and come's useless ....

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Ayesha

• Ayesha's Blog!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 10:59:41 PM »
Novartis will start playing game soon, desferal will be disappeared, because they want people to buy asunra, idiots they are and idiot they will remain!
-Ayesha

Offline Zaini

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 03:24:25 AM »
Umair,

I am not talking about desferal which is smuggled from Iran,although we were using this desferal,and there are no efficacy issues,we've been using this desferal since long time,but right now it's also not available in the market.I was actually talking about iranian made desferal,desferal made by iranian pharmaceutical companies.

Ayesha,

That may be the case,i desperately want my daughter's ferritin below 1000,so i can start Asunra,but the point that worries me is that what if my daughter couldn't tolerate Asunra ??? what would i do then?

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 05:38:30 AM »
Zaini,

Do you not have desferal at all right now?  I am still confused about why your doctor wants Zainab's ferritin below 1000 to begin using Exjade.  My son started Exjade when his iron levels were 2880. 

I think that exjade should be started at 20mg/kg - and if well tolerated (this can be evaluated by blood& urine tests as well as GI issues and skin related issues) then it can be increased to 30mg/kg.  The patient should be well monitored - every 3 weeks a metabolic panel and urine test should be done.  Under the strict observation of doctors - 7 days of Exjade and 3 days of desferal (12hours) can be very effective in keeping iron levels low.  Maybe you can talk to your doctor about this, or have your doctor contact Drs in the US who are using this combination therapy. 

Keep us posted on the availability of desferal,

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »
Keep us posted on the availability of desferal,

yes please do Zaini and i am assuming that if you start Asunra, you will stop the L1/Kelfer???

manal

Offline Zaini

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2008, 12:39:21 PM »
Sharmin and Manal  :hugfriend

Good news,we got desferal today,since 1 week we had no desferal,she was on Ferriprox/L1 alone,it's not the doctor,it was my idea to start Asunra once her levels reach 1000,as i don't intend to use Asunra and desferal both at the same time,because i know that doctors here won't allow it,and if God forbid anything will wrong,i'll be held responsible,Novartis has told them not to use both drugs at the same time and now it's like a verdict for them.

Once we start Asunra,which i assume will be in a couple of months,we'll definitely stop L1.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk