Thal minor or something else?

• 11 Replies
Thal minor or something else?
« on: November 18, 2008, 08:27:05 PM »

Hi All,

I am a new member. Until last week, I was not thinking that having Thal minor can be directly or indirectly related to the minor health problems I have been experiencing for the last 8-10 years.  Last week, a friend of mine told me that she has thal minor. We noticed that we have many problems in common.
- fatique
- bad mood
- poor concentration
- can not talk while looking at peoples eyes (strange!)
- higher heart rate when resting
- headaches
- allergies
- weakness
- pain in joints, neck, and back

problems only  I have;
- very poor memory
- weight training makes me dizzy and vomit after 1/2hr

The difference between now and 10 year ago is;
10 years ago I was active and I had a few of the problems and they were very minor.

During the last 8 years I have seen many MDs, NDs (some with with PhD). Some recommended diet change and many supplements. Some recommended homeopathy, removing amalgams, detox, live blood tests or other methods etc. They all knew that I have thal minor. Nothing much worked.

My Hemoglobin has been always at the bottom of normal range. I do not remember the exact number but between 10 and 12. My mother and sister have minors and their blood level are low, and using antideppresants.

Do you think the problems I have are probably related to thal minor? If yes, what can I do to make doctors consider this?

I am 36 yearold male, living in Toronto, Canada.

Thank you,

Burhan

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Thal minor or something else?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 03:15:00 AM »
Hello Burhan,

Welcome on the forum,some of your problems are most common in thal minors,i am also a thal minor and i get tired very easily,mood swings,bodily pains,heart palpitations are there most of the times,what i have noticed that a brisk walk of half an hour in the morning along with required and good supplements does help,Walking or any kind of light exercise will help your blood to circulate properly,so oxygen is delivered properly to all organs of the body.
Supplements can work wonders for you,are you taking any kind of supplements? Folic acid should be taken daily by every thal,it's a must,other supplements that might help are,multivitamins with out iron (if you are iron deficient then iron might help other wise it won't,you can test your iron level by doing a series of tests called iron studies).IP6 will also be helpful,i don't know if you have heard about it,it's phytic acid ,already present in the body,it helps with your energy level.Wheat grass is another thing which is also helpful in enhancing your energy levels.Try these supplements if you can and then share with us your experience :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 06:18:58 PM »

Thank you, Zaini.

I am taking;

- Vit C 500mg (for colds) (and Cold-FX)
- Vit B Complex
- Vit B12 (extra)
- Vit E (not regularly)
- Multi-Enzymes (to improve digestion)
- Fish-Oil

Is there lots of free iron in Thal minors, or just Thal int.and majors?

Burhan

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »
Unless the Hb is quite low there is usually no iron problem in thal minors, so they don't have to avoid iron-rich foods in most cases.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15:27 AM »
Hi Burhan,

Vitamin E is a very good anti oxidant,i take it daily,600 I.U would be a good dosage i think.Folic acid should be taken daily,it helps your red blood cells.
I think you should start IP6,you can order it from www.puritan.com or one of our moderators Sharmin is also from Canada,she can tell from where she is getting IP6 in Canada.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2008, 03:56:18 PM »
Hi Burhan,

IP-6 is available at most health food stores and pharmacies in Canada - if you have difficulty finding it send me a PM and I will be happy to help you out :)

Sharmin
Sharmin

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »

Thank you, both.

Burhan

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 10:02:51 AM »
Oh my God! I have Thal Minor and I have the same problem - can't look people in the eyes when I'm talking to them. Now that is strange. There's something going on here. I suspect that Thal Minor might be behind lots of niggling little problems that have bothered me for years. I really think they should study Thal Minors more. It's very interesting the common array of symptoms we have. I mean blood is THE lifeforce of the body so it stands to reason that if it is not quite right it can have many, disparate effects.

Offline Prets

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2009, 12:40:59 PM »
 :smiley

OK...  I usually also don't look people in the eye when I talk to them, because I mostly need to lip-read. Of course I can hear people very well when i'm with them on phone or even if someone is behind me or out of my view!

But if someone is right in front of me, I end up lip reading more, I feel I don't focus otherwise.

Does this sound familiar???     :smileblue

All the other symptoms match too...  I was much better when I was younger, and I seem to have turned symptomatic in the last few years!

Any kind of exercise usually makes me worse, but I try sometimes! Instead of improving circulation, I feel I get light headed very fast, especially with weights. Feels like maybe the blood all pools in my legs and I need to lie down for a little while.

Yes we need more research and someone needs to update the medical books! The biggest hurdle is getting accepted as a symptomatic thal minor.
Symptomatic Beta Thal Minor.

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 06:04:07 AM »
hello friends...

yepp i m also facing this same problem described by all of u here....

the most strange among them is not able to focus on sum1's face while talking!!

just lyk Preety said i can talk wonderfully on phone but not the same is case when i m talking face to face...till today i thought i was lacking confidence and needed some grooming classes!!

sometimes i really burst in tears thinkin why me?in midst of group of people who are so energetic its not easy to get accepted as a symptomatic thal.i always tire out easily both physically and mentally but never wanna show it to anyone.i try to keep a smile mask on face to show I M EXCELLENT.

anyways its just life.and God has showered many more bounties on me so i m thankful to Him.
people around the world are sufferin from so many diseases,some very painful,some even incurable.
so this is just nothin. Alhamdu Lillahe Rabbil Aalamin...

Rozmeen.

Offline Zaini

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 07:46:53 AM »
I don't know if these probs have anything to do with thal or not,just wanted to share my experience,i was always the most confident and outspoken person in my school life,when i started practical life,like after being married,i changed a lot,i learned that being outspoken doesn't always work ,but untill now i have never faced any problem in talking with anyone,unless i am trying to talk in english  :rotfl then i feel like i am a hopeless case,otherwise i never had this problem.

Just wanted to share :) .

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 06:15:38 AM »
Hi Zaini,

Thnks for sharing it.

Even i want to make myself believe that this has nothin to do with thal :)

but as i read this symptom in many of thal cases,i started to believe that its true.
But till not sure about it.

Even if its true i dont want to make it a mental block coz afterall what is needed most for being confident is an inner strength right?

really feeling good after reading about your experience. :hugfriend
Otherwise i would continue to pity myself as a thal. :)

Rozmeen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk