Friends in Mumbai, Please Let Us Know You're OK

• 26 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Friends in Mumbai, Please Let Us Know You're OK
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »
With the violence that took place in Mumbai today, I am very worried about our members who live in the area. Please let us know that you are OK.

As a group, I know there is no one who doesn't condemn this senseless violence and I hope I can safely speak for us all in this. There is no place in our world for this insanity and we totally condemn these actions.

Pray for our members, but also pray for all the people of Mumbai. This has to stop.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Friends in Mumbai, Please Let Us Know You're OK
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 11:32:21 PM »
I hope to hear from our friends in Mumbai.   I am praying for the citizens of Mumbai and I feel terrible about the incidents that have affected their lives.  Certainly, the people of this site and those who deal with thalassemia know how precious life is because we fight for it everyday.   How sad it is when people senselessly end these precious lives. 

My prayers are with you all,

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 12:07:52 AM »
Hope you are all safe. You are in my prayers, please update us

manal

Kathy11

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 05:43:08 AM »
Manal,  I join you, in praying for all our friends  Umair.Zaini, and all the others

Please god keep them safe in this hour of unrest in their country,
Kathy

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 08:26:54 AM »
Hi everybuddy ,
i hope all of my friends from  mumbai and res of the citizens of mubai will b safe , you all r in my prayers . may God bless you & and all other mubai's citizens with peace  .. i condemn the every act of Terrorism and dont want to see this happening again ... every life is prescious for me as my own life.. Terrorists are not only killing only the humans but the humanity too :(  ... i hope these will end soon and God wil bless your city with peace ...  please try to stay safe ... i hope this wae of terror will end soon ... its realy terrible to me and all the peoples ..... i hope to hear from you that everything is getting fine ... please update us ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 12:10:45 PM »
I really don't get it,why are people so eager to kill each other now a days,it's nothing else but insanity,i hope every member of our site is safe,i feel for the citizens of Mumbai,because we have seen this terrorism happening in Karachi,we karachitis know it very well.

My prayers are with you.

Zaini.

P.S Kathy,Me and Umair live in Pakistan :) Mumbai is a city of India.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline sarah

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 03:00:23 PM »
that is soo sad to hear n see...i dnt know when we will grow up.these ppl who kill innocent citizens r not  deserved to b called human beings...i hope all our frnds will be fine..may Allah protect them...ameen

Offline Poirot

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 03:26:27 PM »
Andy,

Thanks for your concern and for contacting me earlier in the day. I believe that all our group members and families are safe.

However, the overall toll is still growing and terrorists are still holed out in at least 3 locations. They seem to have targeted British, American and Israeli tourists/businessmen in India, besides killing people indiscriminately on the streets of Mumbai.

RE: Thals - there is now a shortage of blood in the city. My centre cancelled all transfusions, which were scheduled for today and has postponed them to Tuesday. This is because all blood supplies have been diverted to help the injured in these attacks.

Poirot

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 03:55:30 PM »
Imagine the gravity of this attack, so many people who are not even there, are imapcted. I hope the citizens of Mumbai come forward and donate blood.
Regards.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 05:21:17 PM »
Poirot,

I am very glad that you wrote us to let us know that you are okay.  I am so sorry about what is happening in your city, I pray for your safety. 

When I hear about violence and the lack of humanity that people like these terrorists display - I am thankful that there are angels like Andy who make our world a better place in which to live.  I feel incredibly fortunate to be blessed with Andy's kindness in my life and to know that there are people who are dedicated to saving lives. 

Especially at times like this we need to spread positivity wherever we are - I hope people will come forward and donate blood for thals in your area and for the victims of this violence. 

Take care and please continue to update us,

Sharmin
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 05:58:17 PM by sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »
I would like to ask everyone who has any way of communicating with people in the Mumbai area, whether it be directly or through any other means like social networks Facebook, Myspace.com etc, to please put out an appeal for blood donors. The need is great and our thal friends will not easily get their transfusions right now until an adequate supply of blood is developed after this tragedy. The people injured need blood. Thals and many others need blood. Do what you can do to spread awareness about this great need to anyone who can help. The message is very simple. Give blood and save a life.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 06:22:12 PM »
Has anyone heard from Sahil?

Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2008, 08:42:20 PM »
@ Poirot
Hi Poirot ,
its relay nice to see ur reply and hear that u r okiey , please keep updating us abt u and other thalpal friends from mumbai , i hope they will b also fine and safe there ... hope to hear from them as well in soon future ....n hope that mumbai will recoover back to this tragedy very quickly and back on its routine very quickly

@ other friends from mumbai ,
All other friend from mumbai , please update us with that u r fine and safe ,, please do it ASAP , we r realy worried abt u , u all r in our prayers , i hope that u all will b fine  , please udate us , we r eagerly waiting to hear from u people... soo please

Take Care and stay safe , i hope u all will b fine and safe ...

Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 02:04:15 AM »
Thanks God Poirot you are okay, I am really sorry for what is happeneing.  Guess Shilpa and Simran are away from Mumbai. I woud love to hear from you all. :hugfriend

manal

Offline sahil

• Thal Major
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 03:07:21 AM »
Hello,

Guys I'm fine. It was my BT yesterday. Luckily everything went well. No tension as such.

Hope all this ends soon and all this should never happen again. The government needs to take a step to fight terrorism and avoid terrorist attacks.

\peace/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 04:31:56 AM by sahil »
My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk