Skin Care , White Heads and Black Heads related Articles !!

• 16 Replies

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
Skin Care , White Heads and Black Heads related Articles !!
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:03:25 PM »
Hi Buddies ,
i hope you will find your answers related to the skin and skin care in this thread ,.. i m answering in this way bcoze previously this topic were being discussed on Iron Chelation Board .. sooo ... :grin
please don't mind ....

Maintaining Skin Health

If you are prone to white spots for any reason, it is even more important for you to be vigilant about applying sunscreen all year round. Skin that doesn’t have the proper amount of melanin is more prone to permanent damage and requires good protection. Just using basic sun sense will keep you healthy – a strong sunblock, hat and clothes that cover your skin when out during the brightest parts of the day should do a lot to keep the white spots from returning.

Acne (acne vulgaris).
Acne is the single most common skin condition in teens. Some degree of acne is seen in 85% of adolescents, and nearly all teens have the occasional pimple, blackhead, or whitehead.

http://www.basicsofbeauty.com/pimples_spots.htm
TO REMOVE THE BLACK & WHITE HEADS:-   
Mix one table spoon gram flour, 1/2 table spoon dry neem powder, pinch of turmeric & two table spoon milk. Make paste. Apply on face, wash after getting dry

please check this link , i think it is the best one , Mayb...
http://skincare.lovetoknow.com/Vitiligo
Vitiligo is a benign skin disorder that causes patches of skin to become lighter than surrounding areas.

Recognizing Vitiligo
Vitiligo is a type of leukoderma, a condition involving the lightening of patches of skin. ("Leuko-" means "white," and "derma" refers to the skin.) It often begins subtly, with one or more areas of skin appearing a little pale. The patches are usually small and sharply defined. They may be mildly itchy. The patches continue to lighten gradually, until the skin appears much lighter than surrounding areas.

Over time, the patches also grow and spread, so that smaller patches join to form larger ones with irregular shapes. They may progress to cover a large area of the body. Or, they may remain stable, with the oddly shaped white patches remaining the same for many years.

Except for the color change, the skin appears normal. In later stages, the white patches do not itch, and they are never painful. Sometimes, the hair in that area turns white as well.

Commonly Affected Areas
This skin disorder often affects the face, neck, and scalp. When the scalp is involved, patches of hair may turn white. White patches can appear in the eyebrows, too. Other commonly affected areas include skin folds, like the armpits or groin, and sun-exposed areas including the fingers, the arms, and the backs of the hands. The skin around body orifices, such as the mouth, the nostrils, or the genitals, is also often involved.

Patterns
The white patches of skin can appear in one of several patterns.

In localized vitiligo, skin changes can appear:

In one small area, with just one or a few pale patches.
In a segmental pattern, covering a wedge-shaped area on the back, stomach, or chest; affecting one limb or one part of an arm or leg; or discoloring one section of the face.
Just on mucus membranes, such as the lips.
In generalized vitiligo, pale areas can be:

In a pattern involving the hands, feet, and face.
Scattered in variously sized patches across the entire body.
Large and confluent, so that most of the body is affected.
The patterns need not be mutually exclusive. For example, scattered patches may appear in addition to fully-affected hands.

Causes
No one knows for sure what causes vitiligo. It appears to be an autoimmune disorder, meaning that the body's immune system mistakenly attacks is own cells. In this case, the immune system destroys the cells which give skin its color, also called pigment. The loss of color is called "depigmentation."

Doctors think that there may be other causes involved as well. There is probably a genetic component, since about one third of people who are affected have family members who also have vitiligo.

Who Is Affected
The loss of skin color can happen to anyone. As many as 2% or people may develop this disorder. It tends to appear first during young adulthood and is rare in babies and in the elderly. Men and women are affected equally

i hope you will find answer in this thread ...

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

Re: Skin Care , White Heads and Black Heads related Articles !!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:19:22 PM »
Please,

Avoid the sun at the highest temperatures of the day!!!! Also, you should keep an eye on your birthmarks!!!!!!

My father was diagnosed with skin cancer last year (not because of the sun, other medical probs). We thought he survived and could return to the normal life. We'd a call this week. His blood results aren't good. An other test was done and at tuesday we will here....

Btw my skin is always very, very dry. Most peaple can not believe it, but it's really true.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Pityriasis alba
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 04:39:27 PM »
I wanted to add that the most common cause of these "white patches" of skin is Pityriasis alba.    It usually presents as dry, fine-scaled patches on the face.  Moisterizing is all that is required. 

The condition is seen mostly in children aged 2 - 16 years.  It is occurs more often in light skinned individuals but it is more noticeable in darker complexions.  It is most noticeable during the dry winter months as a result of dry air.  In the summer, tanning of surrounding normal skin may make the paatches more prominent. 

Lesions tend to be round or oval (0.5 - 2cm) but on the body they can be up to 4cm - they tend to number from 4 to over 20.   They occur most commonly on the face (cheeks), but they can appear on the arms, neck or shoulders. 

There isn't a treatment, they usually settle with time.  If there is any redness or itchiness associated with them than hydrocortisone may be aplied. 

Commonly the patches last for about 1 year. 

This is a pretty benign condition and with proper moisterizing resolves on its own.  In any case, white patches are more likely to be pityriasis rather than vitiligo (which is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system targets melanin) - but a doctor should be seen to determine what the patches are.  

My son currently has a little pityriasis alba, but because his complexion has lightened significantly with exjade it is not very noticeable. 

I hope this helps,

Sharmin
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 07:25:52 PM by sharmin »
Sharmin

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 07:20:27 PM »
Dore,

I am really sorry for your father,i hope his results will be good this time.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2008, 07:27:13 PM »
Dore,

I am sorry to hear about what happened with your father, I hope that his results tell you that he is not sick this time.

Best,
Sharmin
Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 02:09:29 PM »
Hi Dore ,
i m realy sorry to hear about your father , i hope he will get well soon & his reports/results will be good and he will b fine ... Alots of Best Wishes And BEst Regards for your father ...

Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline Dori

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:50 PM »
Thank you for your kind words. We all hope for the same. The doc won't call us before 4 pm at tuesday    :gaah Last week he should get a call after 12, but doc called at 9 in the morning. that's much better than waiting all day long...

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 05:50:26 PM »
Dore, wish him allthe luck :hugfriend

take care
manal

Offline Dori

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 02:36:43 PM »
The results came back as good!!!!

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
Dore,

I am really glad to hear that.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Dori

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 03:02:42 PM »
Thank you, though they will keep testing this thing in the upcoming months. They don't understand why it could be so high the week before this test. Blood is a strange thing, I guess.
You see, he was diagnosed with melanoma in 2007. My mother didn't trust that birthmark, but the gp told us two years long that it was just a birthmark. He'd 1 very big operation, because they thought he would have more tumours. Since that operation he has a hole in head. He has the disaese of Lyme (caused by a thick) as well. His biggest problem are his eyes. It's so sad and heartbreaking to see your parents suffering. I hope this stupid thing will stay stable forever.
Thank you for your support.
I am sorry for stealing your topic, Umair  :shy

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 04:03:05 PM »
That is good news, Dore.

I want to take this opportunity to tell everyone that if you EVER see any change in a mole or birth mark or any change in a spot on your skin, to immediately have it checked by a doctor (dermatologist). Do not let it go. My niece's boyfriend, who was only 21 years old, ignored a mole that had changed, in spite of constant advice from my niece and his family to get it checked out. By the time he finally relented and saw a doctor, it was stage 4 melanoma. The young man passed away last month.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 04:17:09 PM »
I feel sorry Andy. My father had also stage 4. Oh my god, that guy was exactly my age. You all must be in shock  :(

Indeed, You must keep an eye on them and always see a dermalogist. We feel stupid we didn't demand that earlier.
The gp said only that he couldnt know what it is. Why on earth are you a gp if you dont recognize a melanoma???? He even didn't say sorry. He said I can say sorry, but I didnt know it. I would take care of you as I did in the past. He promised me things he never made true. BT's at home are possible, but your gp must fight for it.  To be short: we got a new gp.

To be honest, It took a while before I realised how bad stage 4 was. His operation took hours and much longer then planned, because they couldn't find all the glands.

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 09:47:17 PM »
Hi Dore ,
The results came back as good!!!!
1) Congratulations :congrats ....  its a realy good news ... nice to hear this ....

2) i m sorry to hear about , wat is being up there at your side with your father ... i pray to God that He save us all to the Diseas and worries and solve our problemes and give us strength to  Fight against the Diseases  .... i hope & Wish for your father's fast Recovery ... May God Shower All His Blessings on you your father and all your family and Bless you & your family with A Long Healthy , Wealthy Life Full of Life, full of happiness and joy ....

3) whole this website is for help people, it doesn't matter who started a thread and who is posting his/her messages and discussing his/her probleme on someone else's thread . whole this site is equaly for its members ,soo dont worry you are doing nothing wrong ,  and its your own forum and this thread is open for all thalpal members equaly  as it is open for me. .... soo feel free to ask or share wat-ever you want to share here on this thread or any-other thread no matter mine or someone else's ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair

===========
Umair

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 11:07:40 PM »
Dore, my heart feels for you my friend, hope everything goes well and no more worries :hugfriend

manal

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk