Heart Palpitation..??

• 14 Replies
Heart Palpitation..??
« on: December 02, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
If a thalasemia patient have a heart palpitation (bcoz of late chelation)... can the heart still be cure to normal???

what is the best advice for this patient????? :-\

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
Re: Heart Palpitation..??
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 02:38:47 PM »
Hi,

What is your ferritin level? Do you know if your heart has iron over load? what chelators are you using currently? Heart palpitations in thal major can be due to iron over load in heart,aggressive chelation can reverse the condition,if you are taking desferal,you can take L1/Ferriprox with it,it's best to remove iron fro heart.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
Yes, iron damage to the heart can be reversed. As Zaini said, aggressive chelation is what is needed. Heart palpitations will not cause harm but they are often a sign of iron overload in the heart and the best remedy is combination chelation. One of our members in Germany found herself with iron overload in the heart despite compliance with chelation. Switching to a combination of desferal and L1 (ferriprox), she has been able to reverse the iron overload in her heart and she is doing quite well now. Another member from the US used a combination of desferal and Exjade to reverse an iron overload condition that led to congestive heart failure, and hospitalization in the intensive care unit. Through very aggressive chelation, she was able to get her ferritin down below 1000.

If you work hard and attack the problem, you will see results. Your heart will return to normal.

For a full review of the heart and associated problems in thalassemia see the in depth article at

http://www.thalassemiapatientsandfriends.com/index.php?topic=1451.msg11816#msg11816
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 07:38:31 PM »
Yes, I went to a conference about thal and sc last month.
The Italian docs showed us even moving photos of a heart. He explained us what we were looking for.
You could see that the heart changed back in a normal way. Good luck with chelation!

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 09:10:19 PM »
Dear Haiker ,
 I :agree to the Zain, Andy & Dore .... As i had Experienced heart palpitation very  often , when my iron was above 8000 ( between 8000 - 13200 ) ... but when i started chelation and my SF start decreasing this probleme dis-apeared , and now its a long time ago when i last felt the palpitation .. soo Iron overload is prooven reason of heart palpitation .. you need agressive chelation at this moment .. nd its reverseable as i mentioned above ... i hope i make the sense ...

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 02:04:47 PM »
thanks all of u guys...

now im taking good care of my self.. desferal everyday, pluss i take L1 too.. i still have heart palpitation but not as bad as 3 month ago.. also, im still taking metropolon too.. to maintain my heart beat..  :-\ :-\ :-\

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 04:20:11 PM »
Haiker,
Gud :thumbsup .... Its nice to hear that you are taking good care of yor self & you are doing welll , i hope you will caryy on this impoovement and will remain faithful in your chelation .... i m happy to hear that, the severity of heart palpitation is decreased in your case .. L1 is good to remove iron from heart soo i hope you will feel/see more improovement in soon future and damage that iron overload made to your heart will reversed soon ... Wish you all the best of luck ..  keep the good work up and keep complied with your treatment plan ....

Best Regards
Take Care
Umair
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 01:34:29 AM »
Hi,

Yes, it could be reversble. Based on my personal experience. I was having severe heart palptations and chest pain and squeezing feeling deep in the heart. My SF was 10,000 and i did a T2* and there was huge iorn overload and i scored 14 which is too low. Docotors adviced me of intensive chleation of desferal and L1 and this is the best combination as the L1 is a heart protective.

Currently i get those palpitations and pain evry now and then and not so frequent and not like before. Also, SF is now 5000. and My last T2* score was 18. This proves that it is reversable and can be better if you get rid of the iron.

I'm still have alot of effort to do and a path to continue, however i had some obsticals but i'm fighting harding to get rid of that iron and be above 20 in my T2*.

Be brave, optimistic, and always think postive as this will always help you even it is tough and difficult and needs some time.  :hugfriend

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »
That's a way to go Daffodils  :hugfriend 5000 from 10000,i assure you keep chelating regularly and one day it'll be 500.

My prayers are with you  :hugfriend.

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 12:46:42 PM »
Thats Great  Effort Daffodils ,
i hope you will improove much more in soon future  , :goodluck keep contineud  the chelation ..

===========
Umair

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »
thanks for the advice and encouragement... i hope my heart palpitation will soon be gone...  :hugfriend

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2008, 01:32:23 AM »
Thanks for Zaini, Nice friend, and HaIkEr77  :thankyou for your support and i'm doing my best and hoping that it would work.

HaIkEr77, please do your chleation regularly and keep taking the ferriprox (L1) because it will chleate iron from heart and protect it safely when accompined with desferal.

Take care, wish you that all these palpitation to vanish. :hugfriend :getwell

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 03:40:50 AM »
thanks 2 u also daffodils for u support... i will continue my L1 and my desferal.. hope we all can have a healthy life.. :stars :high5

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 06:29:43 PM »
HaIkEr77 & Daffodils you are both doing an excellent job, we are here to support you and i am sure you will do it below 1000, keep up the good work my friends and keep us updated

Best of luck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

manal

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 02:57:56 PM »
thank u manal... I'll do my best to lower down my iron..  :chill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk