helloooo!

• 1 Replies

Offline Hollynadine

helloooo!
« on: December 13, 2008, 07:17:59 AM »
Hello everybody!

Yep I'm new here but I must admit I really like this place. Probably the only place atm that makes me feel comfortable talking about the thal min. I have.

I'm a 21 year old gal...Born in Costa Rica with Colombian parents and french/italian heritage. I lived in Chicago all throughout high school and now Im living in Colombia and studying psychology.

I was diagnosed this year with B thal minor after I fainted during class, but it took forever to get diagnosed since everyone thought I had leukemia at first and then lupus!! It was...insane, but I felt relieved that at least doctors were paying attention to what I had given that since I was about 10 years old I couldnt stand my joints and kept getting colds every month! (Im not joking!) I still get colds rather easily, it's a surprise for everyone if I dont get a cold in 2 months.

Anyway I'm not sure what else I should write here but if any of you have questions...feel free to ask!

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: helloooo!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 02:53:56 PM »
Welcome Hollynadine,

Sorry to hear what you have  been dealing with.  Are you taking any vitamin supplements?  You can look at our vitamin and supplements for thal minors section for ideas.  I think that vitamins will make a big difference for you.  Some of the symptoms that you describe are common in thalassemia, others are not.  Thals can experience different symptoms depending on their hemoglobin or other factors. Have you had your thyroid checked?  A change in diet may also be helpful, you may try to avoid foods that cause inflammation.    If you have a blood test and then post your results here we may be better able to guide you.  We are happy to have you here and we are eager to read more of your posts!

All the best!
 :welcome :welcome :welcome

Sharmin

Sharmin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk