Update

• 11 Replies

Offline cherieann

Update
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:52:14 PM »
Hello my family...
Yes I know I have been away too long.
I have been on two different camps with the special needs students I work with.
It was alot of fun but very draining on my body as you all can understand.
I only had 5 days rest between camps so I had fluid retention in the abdomen and legs but it is all good now.
I know I shouldn't have started years ago but I would like to tell you all.....
that I have been on a smokefree programme and have been smokefree for over 3 weeks.
It doesn't sound long but I am definitely proud of myself and feeling really happy and great.
I was a big eater before smoking and now I am back to eating like before the smoking.
Everyone is telling me to watch out as I will get fat. Im laughing as I know I wont because everything in moderation.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a wonderful New Year
to you all and your families
Thalassaemia is a lifestyle not a burden.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:05:29 PM »
Cherieann,

It is great to have you back!!  The camps sounds wonderful, it is so nice to see you involved with those kids - in many ways you can understand them better than other people ever could. 

Congratulations on becoming smoke-free - and no longer putting those toxins and oxidants into your body  :hi5boys
We are all here to encourage you going forward:)  I am very proud of you too!  I am glad to see that you have your appetite back and that you will be nourishing yourself. 

Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline nice friend

• Thalassemia Major
  • If I Can, Why Not You??... If I Can U TOO !!!...
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:58 PM »
 Welcome Back Cheriean ,
hope u enjoyed alot , its good to hear that you stopped smooking , and back on super apetite again ... take care

Best Regards
Umair
Sometimes , God breaks our spirit to save our soul.
Sometimes , He breaks our heart to make us whole.
Sometimes , He sends us pain so we can be stronger.
Sometimes , He sends us failure so we can be humble.
Sometimes , He sends us illness so we can take better care of our selves.
Sometimes , He takes everything away from us so we can learn the value of everything we have.

===========
Umair

Offline cherieann

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:53:15 PM »
Thank you Sharmin & Umair...
You words are wonderful encouragements to me. It is also great feedback for me personally to have support.
Sharmin you are right,
I had an interview with the new principal and he asked me what is it about special needs that you are so passionate about.
My answer was that each day is never the same, each day is a challenge when you need to adapt constantly to each individual's needs and I am challenged mentally to give these students what they need. I love it. I also told him that I class myself as a role model, they know about the needles and Thalassaemia. I am a person to them. They can see through me what they can achieve regardless of the limits people put in them and in turn they are my inspiration. I look at what they achieve with all their limits.
We understand one another, we are allowed to show emotions but it is more important to know what we should do with these emotions constructively.
The principal was so impressed that I have a job next year as well as a new classroom that the teacher and I got to design for our class next year.
Normally we never know if we have a job until after Feb but he has decided to give me my Teacher Aide job.
I am very happy.
Love to you all

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 12:07:51 AM »
Congratulations Cherieann! That's wonderful news. It's nice to know that there are people like the new principal who is willing to see what value you bring to your profession, rather than looking at what many would consider to be the negatives of dealing with a chronic health condition. (I love saying that! How many health issues are there where we once said a sure fatal condition but now say chronic condition?)
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Sharmin

• Little A
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 12:18:55 AM »
:congrats :congrats :congrats
I am so happy to hear about the opportunity for next year!!
I love your philosophy for life and emotions - thank you for sharing it:)
I look up to you for what you are doing for those kids!

Sharmin

Sharmin

Offline Manal

• mother of thal intermedia child
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 03:06:42 AM »
Cherieann, please accept my respect for what you are doing, It is hard to find people who''feel''  their job and offering these young children whatever they need and feel for them . Thanks for being there for them :hugfriend :hugfriend :hugfriend

manal

Offline cherieann

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 03:35:32 AM »
Thank you all for your comments but just like you all, I enjoy my work. The students are my reason to sticking around and those who know me often say that the students keep me alive.
I'm just grateful to the parents and students who allow me to be a part of their lives.
Maybe by sharing my stories, I am educating others about Thalassaemia.
Call me the advertiser hehe.
Andy I totally agree with your comment.

Offline jade

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 09:00:04 AM »
Welcome back Cherieann

Congrats for your job and for stopping smoking.  My husband also quit smoking.  It is now one year but he also started eating instead.  He avoids smokers because last time he stopped for one year , he started again because he lighted a cigarette for a friend and when he sees someone smoking he wants to take one cigarette.

Wish you luck in that endeavour.

Take care

Offline cherieann

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 09:28:25 AM »
haha thanks Jade.
Ive always been a water drinker so Ive subsituted cigarettes for water and gum.
As for food, moderation is good and frequent snacks. Don't want to upset the diabetes hehe.
Congrats to your husband on his endeavour, I know its not easy but I seem to have found a way that works for me.
Maybe next year my husband will go smoke free too.
For now I will concentrate on my success and keeping it smokefree

Offline Zaini

• Life is too short to be perfect.
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 04:02:15 PM »
Hey Cherianne  :hugfriend

Congrats dear,congrats on going smoke free,and congrats on getting your dream job,what a way to achieve,way to go ,i am so happy for you.:)

Zaini.
^*^Xaini^*^

Offline cherieann

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 07:15:16 PM »
 :wink Thank you Zaini  :hugfriend

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk