Lipoic acid and acetyl-carnitine reverse iron-induced oxidative stress

• 18 Replies

Offline Andy Battaglia

• Will thal rule you or will you rule thal?
Re: Lipoic acid and acetyl-carnitine reverse iron-induced oxidative stress
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 12:22:52 AM »
Dore,

If we had the numbers for the total times she's been transfused and how much blood per transfusion, it would help. If she hasn't had a lot of transfusions, 1200 might be an accurate score, and this can be reduced without chemical chelating drugs. Drinking tea and taking IP6 can also help to lower the iron load. However, if she has had a lot of transfusions over the years, it would be wise for her to have a liver scan to determine if there is any iron load in the organs. At her age and with a ferritin of only 1200 it may be safe to assume she does not have any serious iron absorption problem from her diet.
Andy

All we are saying is give thals a chance.

Offline Dori

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 11:25:25 AM »
Any idea how this liquid is called in Dutch or Turkish? I just have no idea! (Got a personal Turkish translator)

Offline TonyF

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 12:20:57 PM »
Its work noting that you should try to take the 'R' form of alpha lipoic acid if you cant, its more expensive than the normal version, but its the correct isomer for the body to use. If it doesnt say R form, its not.

I need to research any iron reducing ability, though i found this link
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11221104

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 03:22:06 PM »
Hi ,

Have read about this topic today I feel I am lacking lot behind......I am giving only 400mg of Asunra to my son. Should i start to give any other supplements also. And in what name ll I get medicine for Lipoic acid and acetyl-carnitine in India. My son is 2.6yrs. please advise with the dosage also of any supp ilements to be given .

Can I give green tea as an anti oxidant.....actually i use to give my son once  mixing honey but it tastes so bitter i felt very bad n stopped for him. Is it required.Please advise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk