Thalassemia and Cancer

• 19 Replies

Offline T @ r ! Q

• Beta Thal Major
Re: Thalassemia and Cancer
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2009, 05:06:03 PM »
Zaini

I also thought at that time that she might have gotten the blood which had malarial parasites,but they screen the blood,so is it possible?

I have read and heard that MP is bit tricky to catch and if donor was bitten just a day or two before donating blood, then it might escape the screening. And chance of human error is always there "To err is human"
Falling down is not defeat... Defeat is when you refuse to get up...
The one who kneels to Allah, can standup to anything.

Offline Danielle

• Beta Thal Major
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 11:11:42 PM »
Danielle, do you want to know about iron overload and cancer? In that case I can get you in contact with a lady who does research about hemochromatose and breast cancer. She is very well educated. I am not sure she is a doctor or not. I think she isn't, but she knows a lot. If you like the idea, you can send me a live message. It is a very interesting woman. She is now in the seventies and she lives in the US.

Best wishes, Dore

Thank you, Dore.  I appreciate your offer.  Actually, I was only looking for info on Thalassemia and cancer right now.  If I end up doing research on iron overload and cancer, I will be sure to take you up on that offer.   :happyyes

Thank you again, everyone!  :hugfriend

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 02:23:52 PM »
I apperceive of 2 thal majors with cancer-theroid and civil accompanying respectively- age-old over 50 years old. Only one has survived,that with the civil cancer,the added died. I accept that as thals abound earlier they face the aforementioned bloom problems as the accepted population. There is as able-bodied the alarmist blight due to hepatitis,but I do not anticipate you accredit to that.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 02:49:36 PM by Andy »

Offline ginacappo

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2011, 06:38:18 PM »
I can give you plenty of info and yes Thal is from the disease could be overload of iron or getting hepitisis at a early age b or c if you really want more info there is plenty our there just have to search. I myself have just been diagnosed with liver cancer because of the thal. I find lots of answers out there on my own.

Offline Danny.H

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2014, 04:53:49 AM »
Hello Danielle
I see that this trend is from 2009 but I also would like to share some information.
I receive thal from my mother and my father bot are silent carriers I believe they are silent because my brother was tested for thal and he is normal while myself alpha thal trait -3.7 homo.
So my silent carrier father passed away in 2012 from a myelodisplastic syndrome that turned in leukemia .
My grandma my mothers mother also passed from complications I believe with her thallassemia she was 38 and passed from heart failure and she also already have a diagnostic of esophagus cancer.( she wasn't tested for thal, but everything I learned about her health problems point for get dealing with some blood desorder)
I also lost another cousin at 24 with stomach cancer I cannot proved he was a thal but one more time some things show he could be . All this cases I believe we're silent carriers  or trait.
Daniela

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk